Creative Live Drive Cable..how to make it longer?

98EXL

Gawd
Hey guys...been working on a new case, and since it's huge, I have a problem with my LIve Drive ribbon cable being too short, if I want to keep the cable nice and neat (which I do). So my question is, can I just get a longer length of ribbon cable, pull the connectors off my existing live drive cable, and put them on the new longer ribbon cable?

I am hoping this will work, please, fire away!

I believe the cable it uses is actually a floppy/IDE cable...give those a try first and see if it works, if they do just purchase a long cable replacement if not then im sorry i dont know how to extend such a thing.

I tried to use a long IDE cable, only to find out they were the same length.....

How long did you use? They can get up to 36"... I doubt you need more than 3 feet...

what was lying around work.....I have 36' SCSI cables, not IDE though.

Do you know if I can just plug an IDE cable into it?

The Live! cables are simply un-pinned (i.e. old) IDE cables. We had a roll of make-your-own IDE cable at our local computer shop (even they didn't know where they got it), and it worked perfectly to extend my Live drive. If you want to try this MAKE SURE that the cable is unpinned, or it won't fit.

Back