Creative introduces the Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus Pure Edition in a white finish with added RGB effects

Still using a 5.1 Boston Acoustic surround sound and my 2010 sound card (sound blaster x-fi titanium fatal1ty ) needed to be replaced. Went with the AE-5 Plus and could not be happier. For music listening I use my Arcam AVR-850 with my Oppoi-205.
Sound Card.jpg
arcam 1 850.jpg

Last edited:
I have a creative X7 external sound card. I don’t need another. What I need is a way to send unmolested audio only from an HDMI port to a receiver that doesn’t screw up Gsync....

The last internal sound card I’ve installed was an AWE 64 Gold into my retro rig. Even then, I preferred Aureal....

I have a creative X7 external sound card. I don’t need another. What I need is a way to send unmolested audio only from an HDMI port to a receiver that doesn’t screw up Gsync....

The last internal sound card I’ve installed was an AWE 64 Gold into my retro rig. Even then, I preferred Aureal....
Probably you best chance is goin from HDMI to the TV then eARC to receiver. I been patiently waiting for a 2.1 HDMI video card for my c9.

The SNR of Creative cards is hard to beat with an external DAC for the price AND it's internal. They still make sense.

...and if you are using onboard and can't tell the difference in audio when you are listening to music then...
1. You have some really crappy speakers/headphones. Are they bluetooth?
2. Your music is all from YouTube/streaming
3. You aren't actually comparing and are in denial

4. A Bunch of loud explosions destroyed my ability to tell the difference.

The Signal to Noise ratio of my tinnitus afflicted ears covers up any EMI induced noise.

Back