creating a website using photoshop?

SiDiuS

Weaksauce
I have just recently decided to design a website, But after reading around on designing a website, I've created more questions than answers. I planned on using photoshop to design the website template but I'm not sure I want to do that anymore. Could someone explain what skills I would need in creating a template in photoshop? coding skills ect? I'm a complete noob to webdesign, but I know I want to be original and not use a template someone else created for my site. I just need to be pointed in the right direction where to start.

Use Photoshop to create graphics and such. Either cut up the design in Photoshop, or export it as a TIFF and slice it up in Fireworks. Once you have the images, build out the page(s) using any text editor or WYSIWYG software of your choice.

So what skills do you need?
- design ability
- HTML/CSS

When i make the design template in photoshop should I add the buttons I want in the template? Also, I read that when making a template design it's best to resize the screen reso to 800-600 and take a screen shot of a webpage, then open it in photoshop and white out the webpage part and start your design from there is this correct?. I didn't plan on slicing images either, I was just gonna design a header picture, and design another image with buttons for navigation.

Back