CrazyPC Going Out of Business Sale

Shouldn't this thread be heading to deal discussion around this point? It's mostly only people talking about their orders at this point...

Maybe, but technically the sale is still going, it's just pretty picked over at thiis point.

Darn it, I wasn't home when they delivered, so I missed both of my orders, plus my new case from amazon. Oh well, ill just work on lapping my heatsink until tomorrow.

My case got here today, the other 3 items on the invoice are MIA. Guess Ill have to call monday.

ARGH!!!! So it turns out that the second delivery attempt was going to be on Moday, not today, Saturday. So I leave town for spring break..... And apparently the distribution centers are closed on Saturdays... which is funny because UPS does deliver on saturdays.

ARGH!!!! So it turns out that the second delivery attempt was going to be on Moday, not today, Saturday. So I leave town for spring break..... And apparently the distribution centers are closed on Saturdays... which is funny because UPS does deliver on saturdays.
Saturday delivery is a more expensive service, and IIRC only offered on 1/2day shipping; not ground. The distribution centers customer service desk is probably shut down for the same reason.

Saturday delivery is a more expensive service, and IIRC only offered on 1/2day shipping; not ground. The distribution centers customer service desk is probably shut down for the same reason.

Yeah, I found that out.

UPS has been doing it's best to piss me off today. So, Saturday I called them and ultimately ended up having them reschedule the delivery to Tuesday because I am out of town. So I get up this morning, take a look at the tracking numbers, and.... it's out for delivery today (Monday). So apparently the guy never made the changes to my 3 packages. So I call again. The guy apologizes, tells me that he has put a message out to the driver to not try to deliver the packages today, and updated the delivery to tomorrow (Tuesday). Well, I check my tracking numbers a few hours later, and.... the driver tried to deliver them anyway. Plus I am having to stay out of town until Wednesday so I need to reschedule again. So I call UPS a third time, this guy tells me that no changes have ever been made. He also tells me that I need the number from the note that the first driver left on my door before he can change the delivery date, and that there is a fee for each package that I change the delivery date on..... Finally he tells me that he can just keep the packages at the distribution center for 5 business days. He was nice enough to stay on the phone with me until the website reflected the changes.

I don't know what the first 2 guys were smoking, but they apparently had no idea what they were doing. At least now my packages are safe. I can't imagine how much trouble I would have trying to get crazypc to resend my order.

Sounds like typical UPS service lol. When I use UPS I pray I never have a shipping problem.

EDIT: wait don't they just leave the package on your doorstep, unless it's sig req'd.

Sounds like typical UPS service lol. When I use UPS I pray I never have a shipping problem.

EDIT: wait don't they just leave the package on your doorstep, unless it's sig req'd.

Yup someone got a free GTX260 from my doorstep because of that. That is one of the many reasons that I use Fedex whenever I have the chance.

90% of my shipments come ups, and its been fine so far. Only shipment that I've ever had an issue with was a fedex one which they went to the wrong house. It was I guess an old ladies house, and she refused the shipment...good that I didn't waste my money, bad it went back to the warehouse because the shipment was refused, had to wait an extra two weeks to get it.

Most of the time UPS wants a sig, even for the $1.89 pack of hot pepper seeds I ordered from amazon that were suppose to arrive while I was at work today!

90% of my shipments come ups, and its been fine so far. Only shipment that I've ever had an issue with was a fedex one which they went to the wrong house. It was I guess an old ladies house, and she refused the shipment...good that I didn't waste my money, bad it went back to the warehouse because the shipment was refused, had to wait an extra two weeks to get it.

Most of the time UPS wants a sig, even for the $1.89 pack of hot pepper seeds I ordered from amazon that were suppose to arrive while I was at work today!

Both Fedex and UPS are pretty bad but UPS is the only company that, thus far, has scared the crap out of me. I ordered a computer a few years back and they set it and all the acoutreman on the doorstep despite the fact that it required a signature and no one was home or signed for it. My neighbor's were literally Section 8 housing (i was the border house) and they had held 3 pizza guys at gunpoint and they left 2200 dollars worth of equipment on the porch in broad daylight! Needless to say, i've never driven faster in my life to get home after I saw the tracking update on the website. And thankfully, i beat the school buses and it was still too early for the drug trade to start up.

damn half of their links are dying... im trying to get some UV lighting...

Well, I finally picked my order up from UPS today..... ARGH! I didn't get the 100mm slim fan! That was the only reason that I even placed an order. Seriously..... Oh well, I'll figure something out.

My 8 panaflo's arrived yesterday, pretty much set on fans for the next couple builds :D

Back