NOTICE: PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED NOTICE: PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED NOTICE: PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED I posted this on one other site as well, so you are in competition for this HUGE sum of money. Problem: Computer won't resolve domain names. Can ping IP's. Can't ping domain names. Can connect to other computers on local network. Background: Machine is my father's. It used to have an odd internet sharing program on it to go through another machine for internet connection. The machine is since setup on a network with a standard router/DHCP server. Nothing fancy. I can't get out to any websites. What I've done so far: First I uninstalled the old program and removed all registry evidence of it. I reinstallaed the NIC. I tried static IP and manual setting of DNS servers I did an XP repair. I changed network cards. I tried an XP repair again with the new NIC. Repeat the above with new NIC. ipconfig /flushdns does nothing ipconfig /displaydsn shows a localhost address of 127.0.0.1 like it should, however a ping of the localhost tells me it is 0.0.0.1 When trying to go to google.com in IE, it says "connecting to site 0.0.0.1". I can ping google's IP but can't ping "google.com" tracert for google does times out. doesn't make it to even the gateway. HOSTS and LMHOSTS file is clear, and in fact the localhost IP in HOSTS says 127.0.0.1 Still, after all of this NOTHING. Still can't get out. So I come to you for help. Just start throwing out things I haven't checked, a utility to download, anything. I'll check back later. Thanks! Normally I would just wipe the machine at this point, but there is a program on it that I don't have the original install for and would be a serious pain to have to find again. More so than formatting. So at this point, we'll say that isn't an option.