Crazy idol temps w/ WC and bad OCing?!

infin|ty

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, I have a few problems.

1.) I have a Koolance Exos WC system in my computer and I'm cooling my CPU, Harddrive, mobo and video card. My CPU temps are reading 49 idol w/ my 2500+ at 2.21ghz OC. Is this bad? My other problem kind of relates to this.

2.) I have a Abit NF7-S Mobo/XMS pc3700 w/ my timeing at 3-4-4-8 I think, It's at 200x11 and it's the good OC model of the Barton 2500+. I dont believe it is stable, I think I recall trying to OC it at 200x11 before and it restarting during 3dmark. W/ this setup shouldnt I be getting better then 2.21ghz and possiably unstable?

I dont have any idea on how ram should be done.. what timeing means.. iv read articles but its really confusing.. what should my timeing be? and I have somethign called CPU FSB/DRAM Ratio in my bios.. what should I set that to. What about my CPU Core Voltage, DDR SDRAM Voltage, Chipset Voltage and AGP Voltages, what should they be at?

If I remember correctly the cpu core voltage is the Vcore, I have that at 1.75v atm. And my DDR SDRAM voltages at 1.7 instead of 1.6 I think.

Please if someone could help me out that would really be appreciated!!

Thank you
Infin

I get high idle temps with my White water setup on my xp2500/nf7s combo also. Its fine though.

I believe Abit came out and said thier mobos do high temps then they actually are. From what I've heard they usually show 10C higher then what they actually are. So your 49 idle should be around 39-40C idle. Which for a Koolance would be about right. You have nothing to worry about , just ignore those temps IMO.

Thanks alot, I feel much better about that.

Now can I get that other question answered:)

Abit boards read high correct but look:
The exos is a subpar watercooling setup to begin with. You REALLY thought it could cool your CPU NB GPU AND HDDs better than air? WRONG. It is onpar with an SLK900 with a tornado with ONLY the CPU. the NB GPU and HDDs heat the water up to much. Who in the right mind watercools their HDDs anyway?

i think 1.975v is when the vcore is too high and the comp says no and it wont post.

Should I take the HDD cooler off to lower the water temp? If the HDD cooler dosnt really help?

Back