Thermite Paste said:better yet, take a crt, take out all the guts, put an lcd in the front where the screen was, and put a computer in the back.
zandor said:Just use a heat exchanger. Put a radiator or something in the tank & run the colling water through that. No mixing = no fish crap in your waterblock and no water wetter for the fishies.
i had something similar but its a computer case with a fish tank seperate next to it... the reservoir and rad are both submerged in the water, and the coolant has UV reactive dye and the tank is lit up by a UV light or two... so at night, the res and rad tubes glow and it lights up the tank showing the fish... also keeps the water warm and thats good for some kinds of fishCodeWaste said:thats a pretty good idea
paraxion said:The second one was actually one that I contemplated before - grabbing a server case - one of the ones that's really quite deep - covering the whole thing in black croc-skin vinyl, some corner covers, handle, some knobs that go to eleven, maybe some lit-up valves and dials, a big Marshall or Fender logo - et voila, an amp-PC. Bonus points for mounting a freakin' great 14" subwoofer in it. Actually, if you got an old guitar or bass amp and gutted it, it'd give you a heap of room to play with. You'd need to hire roadies to go to LANs, though.
kronchev said:i want to see more mATX casemods. I dont see NEARLY enough of those. Something about smaller custom computers seems a lot neater than a full sized tower done up
this i would love to see... and your spelling is bad bad bad... i would say put the pump up on top next to the smoke stacks but cover it and make it look like a power house next to it with tons of those random wires and power poles or whatever its called good luckEQTakeOffense said:My next project will be a duel TEC'ed watercooled Nuclear Reactor monstor PC (that was a mouth full to say)
I will have:
4 D-Tek Pro HC's W/ shroud
4 120mm Fans
8 Green CC/LED 80mm Fans
8 Fan Filters
8 Radation Fan Guards
Green UV dye.
2 Ehiem 1280 (I believe) Pumps
2 Res' (Haven't decided yet)
2 275 Watt TEC
1 PC-75 (I believe) Li-Lian Case
1 LCD baybus monitor
3 HD coolers
LOTS of Sound absorbent padding, and lots of rubber silencers!
My case will be nuclear reactor themed, and I plan to achive it this way:
1. I will pain my case a cement texture. Yes, cement texture, including all bay drives. I will stealth the drives also. So, everything will be stealthed except the fanbus and LCD monitor, but will be painted cement texture. I will also pain the inside of my case a glossy black.
2. I will create 4 smoke stacks to sit upton of the case. The reason for these is both fuctional and asthentics. Ontop of the case will rest the HC w/shroud followed by the 120mm fan. To cover this and make it look pretty will be the smoke stacks.
3. I will then install all the fans and hook them upto the fan controler. The reason for this is both funtional and asthtics. As, the fan controller controls both the brightness of the LED and speed of the fan. The reason for the filter and fan guards are to give it an 'eire glow'. Like, a radation glow.
4. I will install the pumps and res' somwehere (I'm now sure where) I will buy lead and put lead in the res'. I will attach the pumps with hose and add green UV dye to again, give it an 'erie glow'.
5. The water cooling setup for each loop, will be this:
6. I will replace All LED's I can find with Green ones.
This, is my project as I see it now. LOTS of money, so I will not start for a VERY long time. But, the ideas keep rolling.
this i would love to see... and your spelling is bad bad bad...
i would say put the pump up on top next to the smoke stacks but cover it and make it look like a power house next to it with tons of those random wires and power poles or whatever its called good luck
twyztyr said:The only problem is if you use power tubes, you have to have them connected to a load, or they'll blow up. You can probably get away with just using preamp tubes like 12AX7s or 12AU7s, but nothing more powerful. I think actually mounting a speaker inside the box would have a serious detrimental effect on everything in the system. Hell, the Eminence speakers in my 410 bass cab have 96oz magnets, and the 115 I have is like 123oz. That's a hell of a lot of magnet to put inside a machine.
EQTakeOffense said:I will create 4 smoke stacks to sit upton of the case
Freud would have a field day with that, but it's still the funniest thing I've read all night.kuyaglen said:A mouse made to look and "feel" like a tit.
3 nipples: left, middle, right mouse button
An inverted (convexed) 510MX, made to look "even more" than a woman's privates.
CrimandEvil said:Hey Scar1.8T where the hell does some one get something like that? That would make for some nice mods.