CrashBox

UEAKCrash

n00b
Ok, just signed up finally after a couple months of just reading. Anywho, this is my first attempt at a decent looking case. Don't ask the spec's, because their horrible right now. Saving up to buy a P4 2.8 gig and probably a BFG Geforce Asylum FX5900 (would a non-ultra be alright or should i go the extra mile?). Right now, I'm about half way done with visual appearance. I'm going to buy rounded UV reactive IDE/ floppy cables and I'll wrap whatever cables I can. In an all Acrylic case, It's hard to hide wires.

Crappy picture with lights on:
CrashBoxFrontLight.jpg

(yes its sitting on a ninja-turtles box... its THAT [H]ardcore.

Not-so-crappy picture in the dark, same angle:
CrashBoxFrontDark.jpg

Side view with lights on. You can see my wire disaster in it, I'll spend some time cleaning it up and wrapping the wires later on:
CrashBoxSideLight.jpg

Same angle, in the dark:
CrashBoxSideDark.jpg

Next two pics are just close ups of the rats nest that is my computer:
CrashBoxRatsNest1.jpg

CrashBoxRatsNest2.jpg

First "modded" box, so don't be to harsh on me. I've got a couple more of those UV reactive fans, and I can't decide if I should put them in or not, It's already pretty bright and they take away from other UV reactive stuff. I've also got a 4oz jar of UV reactive paint (yellow) in the mail right now, any ideas on what I should do with it? Thanks for looking!

Well wires need a ton of work. And whats with the monkey sticker? Interesting going with the acrillic look... dont see it too often

Monkey sticker from ThinkGeek. Couldn't resist.

Edit: Crap, first post and I already made a noob mistake. If a mod gets a chance, move this to the gallery, please.

remids me of my first build (same case). like already said, wires need a lot of work. sleeving is a must, uv color of your choice would go well. also im diggin your color theme so far. maybe think about dying your optical drive bezels instead of the bland beige. also psu window kits go well with the acrylic cases. just keep working on it.

oh yeah and, welcome to [h]ard, youll never leave.

edit: by the way you might want to think about dremeling out the fan wholes completely. i did this on my first case only to increase airflow. my dad has this case currently and the fans that pull air into the case whistle because of the slits that are cut into the case for fan wholes.

holes
no W

ontopic:
paint the drives, and yes i mean the whole drives, they'd look better orange, or some color to go with the theme of the case
also paint their bezels

sleeve your wires, or spiral wrap, or something
here's a guide i wrote on wire sleeving:
http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=174

paint powersupply, and CCFL inverter boxes

but yeah
uv purple and orange look good together

Originally posted by pHatalbOom
You mounted your side panel wrong...lol
unless you knew that.
my bet is he knew. many people invert the panel like that.

Maybe the purpose of inverting it would be to put more air over the cpu instead of the gpu? BTW I don't usually like white led fans, but they go really well with your case.

Thanks, I was hesitant at first ordering white LED fans and cathodes with an acrylic case, but I said "What the hay!"

Originally posted by pHatalbOom
Hmmm... this is mine... lol

http://members.cox.net/phatalboom/1.jpg[IMG]

Whats the purpose of inverting it? [/B][/QUOTE] good for you, just saying ive seen it done before and its kind of hard not to notice something that obvious especially when hes installing his case fans.

I have the UV Green case like this and yes the fans whistle annoyingly unless you dremel them out. I only did the 2 side holes, but it made a world of difference. I was also surprised at how heavy this case was. Mine is also a rats nest inside so I have to say yours looks better. Nice job and welcome to [H].

What MassiveMunkey said, I inverted it so the fan slots would be directly over the processor. I was actually thinking about stealthing the drives with the clear acrylic drive covers, figure it'd look unique. If not I'll use that vinyl dye to dye the the bezels orange. Then maybe put a window in the CD-Rom. I don't have a Dremel right now (yes I'm a loser), otherwise I'd already have those out, but yeah, the side one does whistle a lot. I actually ended up putting a peice of tape over the very middle slit and it quieted it up temporarily. Yes I know it's decreasing air flow, I'm not really running that hot anyway with my crappy ass processor. When I upgrade I'll do a lot more with this. I'm proud of what I've done so far, I really like the look of it. Thanks for the compliments.

I think those clear cases look so sick with some custom tint work...

Back