Crash Increase In BF2

Mongose101

Limp Gawd
When I first got the game (2 Copys) I had random crashes to the desktop on both computers. No big deal really as it didn't seem to happen that often. Man now it seems to crash after each Map finishes!! Anyone else have an increase in crashes these last couple of days?

Mongoose

Yes, same thing happend to me. I think it is some kind of bug. I then started to have problems with one of my accounts. I went crazy for two days, reinstalling vid card drivers, rolling them back, etc, then I reinstalled BF2 and the problems seemed to tame down again.

Even a defrag wouldn't help at the peak of the crash problems. They need to fix it.

Try reinstalling the games, then cleaning out all your temp folders, caches etc. then defrag. You can recover your account quite easily. Best of luck.

Yea, I've had alot of crashes lately after a map finishes. It's highly annoying.

All of the sudden now, I cant even load the game, Ill click the icon, loads to a black screen, then back to desktop, no errors, nothing.

I tried reinstalling BF2, new drivers, old drivers, everything.

And the thing is, It worked fine yesterday, now it doesnt work...

Are you guys connecting to Linux servers??

If so, theres a Bug with the Linux server that simply kicks players randomly..and when it kicks you..you dont go back to the game browser..it takes you to desktop.

Maybe this is your problem.

Back