Crash Bandicoot Remaster Trilogy Launches in June

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Remember how Naughty Dog forced you to play Crash Bandicoot in Uncharted 4? I think that was a clever marketing ploy just to get you interested in the remasters, which are coming out this summer. But even if Crash was never your cup of tea, you have to admit this is how a remake should be done—that fur looks comfy.

Your favorite marsupial, Crash Bandicoot, returns on June 30th, 2017! He’s enhanced, entranced & ready-to-dance with the N. Sane Trilogy game collection. Now you can experience Crash Bandicoot like never-before in Fur-K. Spin, jump, wump and repeat as you take on the epic challenges and adventures through the three games that started it all, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot: Warped. Relive all your favorite Crash moments in their fully-remastered HD graphical glory and get ready to put some UMPH in your WUMP!

I'll stick with 2 and 3 on the original PlayStation, thanks. Love the fuck outta those games, the ones made under the leadership of Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin. I wouldn't mind seeing a new Jak and Daxter game though.

I'm excited. I played the shit out of crash as a kid. Also it'd be brilliant if they remade their commercials too.

Last edited:
I didn't play it much because I didn't have a PS at the time and didn't care for doing more platforming. However If this bundle had Crash Team Racing I'd be in for buying it. The game seems like a Mario Kart clone but that's not a bad thing. It was pretty fun.

Why does Sony not make new games? What's up with all the re-masters? What's wrong with making a new Crash Bandicoot?

I say this mainly because neither my PS4 or the PS4 for my daughter have been turned on in probably over a year. Sony has really let me down this generation.

Why does Sony not make new games? What's up with all the re-masters? What's wrong with making a new Crash Bandicoot?

I say this mainly because neither my PS4 or the PS4 for my daughter have been turned on in probably over a year. Sony has really let me down this generation.

I'd rather have this. There have been Crash Bandicoot games after the first three. They sucked. I know these were Activision's cash-grab Crash games, but still, they sucked. The first three games were great, and I'm looking forward to playing them again with modern graphics. The trend with remasters isn't bad depending on how it's done. Stuff like this, it's pretty much fully remade from the ground up. Worth the price of admission. The stuff that's just a re-release at 1080p60, that's not as exciting to me. For the right game, I'll still grab them (really enjoying the Kingdom Hearts ones, for example) but these need to be compensated for somehow, either by way of a lower price, or a lot of content. One of the worst examples of this trend was God of War 3. It was priced way to high for one game with just a resolution bump. By contrast, Halo collection... it was a great value. Four games, one of which getting completely remade with modern graphics. It was a very good value even at full price.

Back