Crash Bandicoot Is Coming to the PC on July 10th

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Come summer, the Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy will no longer be a Sony exclusive: Activision has announced that the classic platforming games will land on PC, as well as Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, on July 10. The trilogy comprises Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped.

Dang that is awesome, I was hoping it would make it to PC. Good to hear!

Sweet! This game is perfect for my laptop while I'm on the road. Excited for this as I have never played them but they look fun

isn't there a new crash on ps4? or is it just a remaster of the nsane trilogy? why don't we get that? unless this is part of that....

also when the hell is EA getting back in the pc business with madden? meh, tis probably the only game on console I'm even worried about, and cant justify the prices just for a football game, would love to have em on pc (as well as the crash were getting, so as to not get off subject ;).. )

That's cool I guess. Been playing them on emulators for years though.

Wish I hadn't bought this on PS4... should look great at 4k 60fps on PC. Oh well, guess I'll buy it twice.

115 comments from 6 or 7 people arguing about linux isn't actually a strong showing of demand.

Agreed. Linux support isn't even close to a realistic expectation. Most AAA games don't get Linux support, why would a port of a remaster of 20 year old game get Linux support?

Activision would most likely hire out a third party to do a Linux port. I don't know what something like that would cost, but I cannot imagine that there are enough potential customers (for this game) that don't already have at least one of the four available platforms.

So fucking what? The actual numerical amount of Linux gamers means that it is financially viable for games to be released for Linux. That's why there's literally a section on STEAM dedicated to it, it has thousands of options now, and is continually growing.

Stop fixating on useless stats. Market share from a percentage perspective is irrelevant.

What is relevant? There's TONNES of games that ARE native on Linux, oh, and they're FUN too!

Oh it has market demand, it's just less than 1% of the market.

So fucking what? The actual numerical amount of Linux gamers means that it is financially viable for games to be released for Linux. That's why there's literally a section on STEAM dedicated to it, it has thousands of options now, and is continually growing.

Stop fixating on useless stats. Market share from a percentage perspective is irrelevant.

What is relevant? There's TONNES of games that ARE native on Linux, oh, and they're FUN too!

Just because it is financially viable for some games does not automatically mean it would be financially viable for all games. Surely you have to understand that the cost vs. profit ratio of Linux would be far less than any other platform. When it comes to the consoles, there is obviously no question that any money Activision puts into a port will result in a healthy profit. As it is, PC will be their least profitable platform between the relatively low number of sales and the "wait for the Steam sale" mentality that exists on the PC market. Anyone interested in this on PC should be pretty pleased to see a console-only franchise coming to PC at all. Expecting Linux is a stretch, but you seem borderline offended about it not being on that platform. What percentage do you think Linux could make up of the total games sales? 1%? Less? Activision is a business like any other. They make games to make money, not as a favor to you. This is one of those situations where a Linux port is simply not a smart business expense, the risk is not worth the potential reward.

I was trying to explain why a multi-billion dollar business driven by shareholders isn't going to consider it seriously and will skip it. You say "stop fixating on useless stats", that's pretty much the only stat that matters to them. If the marketshare isn't there, they won't make it. The number of existing GAMES on Linux is irrelevant to them, it's the number of Linux GAMERS that matter. Personally, I think it would be great if all games came to Linux and gamers didn't need to depend on windows. I think it would be great if I won the lottery too.

I see the calls for Linux games to be a lot like Microsoft and backwards compatibility. Tons of people saying they want it but in reality not many use it.

Back