crap -x1950 ultimate gone (2nd choice?)

greygoose

Weaksauce
i went to newegg to get the 1950 Ultimate. the one with that killer cooler.
crap.
so is the stock cooler on this x1950 fine? would i need to get a killer cooler to keep the temps reasonable on this?
i dont plan on overclocking....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814102061
SAPPHIRE 100176L Radeon X1950PRO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP

or wait for newegg to replenish its supply of that particular card at the price it was before ($209). because i think tiger direct has it for $219 but thats stretching my budget ($200 for card)

thanks.
im so mad........

Yes. That's the second time it's run out of stock very fast. I suggest you to wait for Newegg to restock that. Make sure to do that "Auto-Notify" feature so you'll know when they get more of those.

i have NEVER used that feature but this item i did. man i gotta have it i am so dumb i was in the office and they had it and i deposited money in my account and said "ahhh let me just eat dinner and go home and place the order when i get home." boy what an idiot.

yeah thanks.
im praying it comes back like SOON at that price. dying here

Mr. Stryker said:
Yes. That's the second time it's run out of stock very fast. I suggest you to wait for Newegg to restock that. Make sure to do that "Auto-Notify" feature so you'll know when they get more of those.

I'm with ^^ , wait because the regular cooler sucks. Once you get the fan going @ 100% it follows the legacy of ATi card stock heatsinks....LOUD. I got lucky because I bought the X1950 Pros as an Open item which were $169 each, don't worry about been Open Item because they carry the same Warranty as the regular Brand New Cards. So if you come accros the Open Item Shapphire x1950 Pro just get it. Then go and buy the cooler separately which will run you around #35 which comes out the ultimate card. Just my two cents.

nicepun said:
I'm with ^^ , wait because the regular cooler sucks. Once you get the fan going @ 100% it follows the legacy of ATi card stock heatsinks....LOUD. I got lucky because I bought the X1950 Pros as an Open item which were $169 each, don't worry about been Open Item because they carry the same Warranty as the regular Brand New Cards. So if you come accros the Open Item Shapphire x1950 Pro just get it. Then go and buy the cooler separately which will run you around #35 which comes out the ultimate card. Just my two cents.

1950 pro and 1950 pro ultimate

memory clock
1400 vs 1600

minimum difference in performance, eh bro?

any other heatsink for the same price that runs quieter??
or are they all loud like that?
REALLY dont want to overbudget......but if that item comes back on newegg i dont care how loud im getting it

RadCliffeX said:
Nothing ATI Tool couldnt fix

Well currently ATI tool doesnt support the x1950pro, Wait for the ultimate, they use different memory chips so theres no way your going to 1600 mhz on the 1400mhz card.

nicepun said:
So if you come accros the Open Item Shapphire x1950 Pro just get it. Then go and buy the cooler separately which will run you around #35 which comes out the ultimate card. Just my two cents.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!! You will fry your VRM's in open air. If you do this you need to add some heatsinks to the VRM's as well. Notice the huge copper heatsink on the ultimate? You need to fashion something like this or you will be enjoying your gaming 5 minutes at a time.

(ps that was not a mad "nooo" it was a "my buddy just fell off a cliff nooo" heh)

Simpson5774 said:
Well currently ATI tool doesnt support the x1950pro, Wait for the ultimate, they use different memory chips so theres no way your going to 1600 mhz on the 1400mhz card.

How do you know? Do you have proof?

Cyrinn said:
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!! You will fry your VRM's in open air. If you do this you need to add some heatsinks to the VRM's as well. Notice the huge copper heatsink on the ultimate? You need to fashion something like this or you will be enjoying your gaming 5 minutes at a time.

(ps that was not a mad "nooo" it was a "my buddy just fell off a cliff nooo" heh)

Heatsinks are on VRMs!!!!!

nicepun said:
Heatsinks are on VRMs!!!!!

Heh, on the regular version? ...technically, but: http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/forums/showthread.php?t=8522&page=13&pp=10 #127 and henceforth.

It is your risk!

Edit: Maybe I was not clear enough, but if you take the stock HSF off the Sapphire x1950pro and put a zalman vf900 on you will overheat the VRM's, no doubt. Read the link I posted above. So if you do this, you must add heatsinks to the VRM's..like the Ultimate. If you don't believe me give it a try without adding the heatsinks...heh heh.

guys
i appreciate the feedback. truly do. because newegg did NOT send me an email alert to say it was back.

the good and the bad.
the bad is i cant order it until monday because i dont have any more money.

the good thing is newegg has ALREADY shipped the order. wow. in a few hours they got my order and shipped it all in one day. im assuming they are coming from new jersey i am in new york. i will probably get it on monday. monday is also the day i get more cash hit my account. so when the delivery man comes im going to take the vid card and send it back and order the radeon!!!!!! (unless i can borrow the money today!!! which i think I AM GOING TO DO)

thanks guys. REALLY.

greygoose said:
wow. in a few hours they got my order and shipped it all in one day.

Considering the paypal free shipping and the holiday shopping, the egg is one heck of a shipping machine.

Back