Craigslist find: i7 920. $80

rjolin01

[H]ard|Gawd
Just wanted to post an awesome find I got off craigslist. I was just browsing the computer listings and came across one for an i7 920 for $80. I was like no way. So I contacted the gentleman and sure enough he was selling it for that price. Of course I snatched it up. I but it in my make shift bench and ran CPU-z and found out it is a c0/c1 stepping. Whatever that means. I heard of c0 and d0 but not c0/c1. Anywho still a good deal I think.

c0 are the first batch of i7s. they run a bit warmer and dont oc as well but they are still good.

Last edited:
I have always talked about finding the best deals using CL.
2 weeks ago someone was selling an amd 1090t for $100.

This week someone was selling TWO 2600k for $100 each...

Sometimes you miss the deals, sometimes you find them!

man that sick! I picked up 2 ATI 5770s for $50 each a few weeks ago...I live in an area that isn't great for tech stuff for us DIY guys...mostly old ass P4 desktops for cheap $150!!!!:rolleyes:

Oh i LOVE cl. It's pretty much my part time job. If you're in a good market [like I am (especially for Apple stuff)] then with a little effort you can make some real money.

Those are deals because they are stolen. Craiglist is the perfect place for thieves to sell stolen goods without any possible way to have it traced back to them. Just don't try RMAing it.

Those are deals because they are stolen. Craiglist is the perfect place for thieves to sell stolen goods without any possible way to have it traced back to them. Just don't try RMAing it.
Its not like my stuff has ever been stolen before, besides I use CL to sell shit, does that mean the shit im selling is stolen?

I bet some of the stuff is stolen but on the other hand there are some legit deals out there too.

Last edited:
Wow four S bombs in two sentences, good work :)

I'm pretty sure my $400 Macbook Pro was stolen. I bought it from a black guy and when I turned it on it was full of a Spanish family's photos. There's obviously no way to track them down so yeah I'd say you have to be careful about stolen goods on CL.

Lucky bastard. My town is just terrible for finding computer parts. Unless you want a P4 there is not much to be had from craigslist around here. We do have tons of those people who list their system as a "GAMING COMPUTER!!!" and try to get full price for it. Seriously, I just checked. There were two systems that had I7s in them. One guy wanted $2000 and the other wanted $3000. So I my options are those fools or people selling $100 p4 systems.

I doubt my cpu was stolen. Was a guy in the wealthier part of town. Had me come by his house, and has a family. So if was stolen I doubt he would have me come by his place and risk losing everything for $80.

I'm pretty sure my $400 Macbook Pro was stolen. I bought it from a black guy and when I turned it on it was full of a Spanish family's photos. There's obviously no way to track them down so yeah I'd say you have to be careful about stolen goods on CL.
Use CL and see if you can find the family :p

Maybe the black guy traded with the spanish family. :confused:

Even crap markets have deals every now and then. I picked up a Corsair 800D for $50 not too long ago. I didn't think anyone in my city besides me even knew what that was!!

My city has only dirt-bags/crackheads selling 5-10 year old computers.
I wouldn't take them if they gave them to me.

I got a PS2 with a controller for $25 off CL a while back. It was my first experience with it. All communication was by email, and I met the guy at his house. It ended up being a kid around 12, and he was home alone. It felt pretty strange buying something from a kid without his parents around. He was probably a little nervous too, because I had brought my brother since the guy asked me to meet him at his house.

Its not like my stuff has ever been stolen before, besides I use CL to sell shit, does that mean the shit im selling is stolen?

I bet some of the stuff is stolen but on the other hand there are some legit deals out there too.

Ya do you sell 2600ks for $100?

Why would someone do that? Why would they not just goto ebay and sell them for 3x that price? Easy because they stole them and do not want it to get tracked back to them. I know 2 people who had stuff stolen from them in my town both of them found their stufflisted on CL with in the week listed in a near by town. I realize that CL is really good for somethings you just want to get rid of but no one wants to get rid of really nice small modern easy to ship tech stuff on a fire sale unless they got it by accident and had no idea what it was or they stole it, and most of the time both of those statements are true at the same time.

Ya do you sell 2600ks for $100?

Why would someone do that? Why would they not just goto ebay and sell them for 3x that price? Easy because they stole them and do not want it to get tracked back to them. I know 2 people who had stuff stolen from them in my town both of them found their stufflisted on CL with in the week listed in a near by town. I realize that CL is really good for somethings you just want to get rid of but no one wants to get rid of really nice small modern easy to ship tech stuff on a fire sale unless they got it by accident and had no idea what it was or they stole it, and most of the time both of those statements are true at the same time.

There are also people out there that do not do research and just want to get rid of their stuff.

I have no problem buying stuff on CL, my stuff has been stolen before and this was long before CL was around. To think everything from CL is stolen is a joke, for the most part I ask them why they are selling and for the most part they just want to get rid of it, not all sellers are trying to make the most money by going ebay or online, which if none of you remember takes time and shipping hassle.

Tell me if CL is so bad, what is your alternative to selling something within a day, in fact less than 3 hours? And getting cash straight up, no paypal bs or amazon bs.

Wonder if the new stilled sealed Mac I just bought on Clist that came with applecare was stolen, 375.00.

Not everyone is a criminal. Most people are honest and just want to get rid of stuff. Its like the story about the lady that got divorced and got the '69 mustang in the settlement and sold it to a guy for $100. She just wanted to get rid of it and stick it to her ex at the same time. Doesnt make her a criminal and the buyer is just really lucky.

Not everyone is a criminal. Most people are honest and just want to get rid of stuff. Its like the story about the lady that got divorced and got the '69 mustang in the settlement and sold it to a guy for $100. She just wanted to get rid of it and stick it to her ex at the same time. Doesnt make her a criminal and the buyer is just really lucky.
Yea no kidding all these haters are just jealous.

"Waaaa you're buying stolen goods!" Not if the seller doesn't know wtf they are selling!

A perfect example was some dude recently broke up with his boyfriend and wanted to get rid of this $1000 computer (ati 5870, 23'' monitor, gaming keyboard, gaming mouse, amd 965,1tb drive, 6gb ram) back in august '10, was selling it for like $300. The ad said something like
"I want to get rid of all this stuff, don't want anything that reminds me of him".

I didn't have the cash so someone beat me to it. Only reason I found out it was a dude was I called and asked if he still had it when I finally got the funds.

Nice find! In Phoenix our CL SUCKS!!

50% of postings are usually scam jobs phishing for your email address.

50% of the listings are people posting their stuff for sale who have NOT done their research and OVERprice.

If you buy an used Macbook on Craigslit that is under warranty and is stolen, can't it get tracking to you? It seems like it would be a risk just buying the stuff.

I picked up a 24" Dell 2407 for $25 off CL... ended up being a lawyer who was upgrading stuff in his office. I was like 'ok, I'll gladly take this off your hands'. Picked up a Viewsonic 19" widescreen last week for $40. Not bad I spose'

I picked up an i7 920 D0 last year on these forums for $99. You just need to be lucky and find the deals at the right time.

I got a PS2 with a controller for $25 off CL a while back. It was my first experience with it. All communication was by email, and I met the guy at his house. It ended up being a kid around 12, and he was home alone. It felt pretty strange buying something from a kid without his parents around. He was probably a little nervous too, because I had brought my brother since the guy asked me to meet him at his house.

Nothing good EVER shows up on CL around here. :(

i love craigslist i use it all the time. I just recenlty picked up a desktop for $60 dual core that came with a 19in lcd and a bunch of extras. The video card in the computer was worth $60 alone. he sold it cheap because the cpu fan was noisey.

I got a mild deal a few weeks ago from Craigslist. Some guy had an older dual core Athlon 64 cpu and wanted to trade for a single core. Yeah, I know, odd. He said something about wanting to save some energy or something. I did have an older single core so I traded him. It was a 5000+ Windsor core. Nice boost from the 3500+ I gave him.

Toledo's Craigslist is shitty, no joke. i looked at it everyday even in the middle of the night, and i still have yet to come across a good deal, shitty toledo.

half the items from craigslist is hot but the other half are people selling crap for every reason and wierd reason you can imagine. I was able to sell my truck on craigslist, great thing about that, I didnt' have to pay any advertisement fees.

Back