Cradlepoint Routers

LoStMaTt

2[H]4U
Anyone seen or used these?

I just installed one for a client and am now looking into implementing them for a restaurant chain.

They need to have a backup internet, failover setup and these things seem to fit the bill.

Experiences?

Used to use them. Hate them. They are very picky about what air cards they work with. The newer ones might be better but the ones I used a couple years back were shit.

Personally I would just get a dual WAN router and buy a backup dsl or cable line. It will be much faster too.

Backup cable/DSL line won't work because in all of the locations there is only one high speed provider available (comcast, sudden link, time warner, cox, etc). No DSL.

Also my experience with dual wan routers has been very poor. Any suggestions?

Cell phone signals as these locations seems to be pretty good, 4G/LTE is available everywhere. This is why I am heading towards the Cradlepoint devices.

I've been using the same one since 2009, works great for me.

I've used it with 3 different air cards no problems at all. 2 were 3G 1 is 4G.
I also have used it with an Omni Antenna, Semi-Directional, and with an inline amplifier to boost the signal.

Although, I did pick up an extra router off ebay and it didn't work, so apparently some do go bad ;)

The WiFi signal could be stronger but we use it from my office to my house which is 100ft or so away (detached) and it gets the job done!

Back