Cracked camera lens on brand new HTC One

cnick79

[H]ard|Gawd
My HTC One is just over a week old and somehow I already cracked the camera lens! Does anyone know if I will be able to exchange it since the phone is a week old, or do I need insurance on it?

My HTC One is just over a week old and somehow I already cracked the camera lens! Does anyone know if I will be able to exchange it since the phone is a week old, or do I need insurance on it?
Lie and tell them it came this way...

Seems that this is an issue... Thin glass, big lens cover. Not a good choice, HTC.

So other people have been having the same issue? I ordered a case too, before this happened. However, it won't be here until the end of the month as it's being shipped from China...

Considering I don't have any protection other than a thin body skin that leaves the camera lens open and that I toss my phone all the time, dropped from chest to asphalt or concrete like 6 times and my phone is still good, I don't think it's a common problem.

There's a relatively big thread about it on XDA, but I think it's more common sense than anything. "OH, I went to the store and pressed a coin to the lens until it broke, HTC sucks, wahhhhhh!" type of deal.

Honestly, I don't use a case or skin on the phone, and mine is going fine.

I went to the store and there was nothing they could do since I don't have insurance. Since there already was a crack in it, it is too late to get insurance on the phone. :rolleyes: You have 14 days from purchase to get insurance on the phone, and I might try to do that online if I can. However, it's $10 a month and when you need to replace it, you still have to pay $199 for another one. Something about that just doesn't seem right.

Damn, personally I would have said that it cracked on it's own and demand a replacement, or return the phone back to them entirely.

cnick, look at square trade....30 days from time of purchase, one time fee (dependent on product), and a ~100 deductible, better than nothing

I might see if I can get the lens repaired at a local shop. It's not a deal breaker for me because the crack does not effect the pictures. Yet...

Back