CPU-Z won't load; Phenom ES..

mpcamer1220

[H]ard|Gawd
Just replaced my 6000+ (3.5GHz) with an Engineering Sample Phenom - before, CPU-Z would load, now it won't. Using Vista 64; I've read problems with CPU-Z and this OS before and I am running Windows without the forced driver signatures at each boot up.. Any ideas on how to get it to work? Thanks; sorry if this is the wrong forum. I might just reinstall Windows. I am currently waiting on a new BIOS as well.. :eek:

What do you use CPU-Z primarily for? What about using another utility instead of CPU-Z?

I was planning on doing a writeup based around the processor and my experiences with it. I've tried a few other programs - one being CBId - that one claims that it is an Orleans based Athlon manufactured at 90nm with 0 L3 cache.

You have an engineering sample - what do you expect :p

It's gonna make the BIOS go crazy as well as CPU-Z go crazy.

Is CPU-Z the most frequently updated?

CPU-Z doesn't install/use a kernel driver, so that's not a problem with Vista 64 driver signing.

I'd guess it's more likely a BIOS problem. I've seen CPU-Z act weird on even Core 2 CPUs and a P965 board due to the motherboard's BIOS.

I also found that CPU-Z fails to load if you encrypt your Windows profile folder (on Windows XP anyway).

I've tried this several times, 1.43 wouldn't work for some reason, but I downloaded it again yesterday and it seemed to work..

cpuz.jpg

Before.

cpuz1.jpg

After.

:cool:

That is weird... 2.6 GHz B2... afaik they dont have no 2.6 GHz B2's even in engineering samples o_O

That is weird... 2.6 GHz B2... afaik they dont have no 2.6 GHz B2's even in engineering samples o_O

There have been several sites which have done 9900 reviews based off of Engineering samples, correct me if I am wrong but I think the [H] even has a 2.6 sample.

We actually used 2.6 GHz B2 based Phenoms at the Lake Tahoe launch event.

amdodlt.jpg

This processor is actually a 2.4 GHz ES, but the motherboard automatically went to a 13x multiplier. The markings below indicate the correct speed.

img_6251s.jpg

img_6255s.jpg

How does this 2.6 Phenom run in benchmarks? I'd like to build a new system in the next few months and I'm on the fence about getting the AMD Phenom vs. the Intel E8400.

There have been several sites which have done 9900 reviews based off of Engineering samples, correct me if I am wrong but I think the [H] even has a 2.6 sample.

I'm not sure what Kyle has on hand, but I believe he has a Phenom 9900. The Phenom I've been using is a B2 stepping 9700.

Back