CPU Temp on new Intel 6850k build??

Lkdog

n00b
Just finished a new build. Asus X99 Deluxe II.
6850K and Noctua NH U12P with two 120 mm fans.
CPU Fans in standard mode and very quiet. About 950rpm each.
Have the sides of Fractal R5 case open right now.

Idle temp is 33C.
Mobo temp 28 C.

Room Temp is around 21C.

Is this a good starting point?

I will be doing some light gaming and doubt I will overclock.

Thanks for info. Most info I see on forums is about overclocking temps.

Lot of info missing, that idle temp is what? CPU package? individual core temp?. CPU socket?. that's the starting point to check...

Second on intel CPUs the more important CPU temp are the Core temperature, so I would suggest if you aren't using it try with Real TempGT or CoreTemp 1.4 and start the monitoring of individual core temperatures.

Third, idle temp tend to be irrelevant until you are totally sure the system isn't doing any task in background, so I would suggest check load temps and see if it's any problem.

My 6850k at 4400mhz, core voltage at 1.265 load temps in gaming are about 37c to 43c. Cooling it with a corsair h110i gtx set on Balanced.

Lot of info missing, that idle temp is what? CPU package? individual core temp?. CPU socket?. that's the starting point to check...

Second on intel CPUs the more important CPU temp are the Core temperature, so I would suggest if you aren't using it try with Real TempGT or CoreTemp 1.4 and start the monitoring of individual core temperatures.

Third, idle temp tend to be irrelevant until you are totally sure the system isn't doing any task in background, so I would suggest check load temps and see if it's any problem.

The reading in original post s from ASUS motherboard BIOS.

When running CoreTempGT 1.4, it says all six cores are at 19C to 22C with nothing running except the usual Windows background processes.

On Balanced its not really noticeable. I can game on Quiet just fine and wont hear anything at all! Right now at idle I'm at 24C, just played about 45 minutes of BF1 and it was at 35C to 37C.

On Balanced its not really noticeable. I can game on Quiet just fine and wont hear anything at all! Right now at idle I'm at 24C, just played about 45 minutes of BF1 and it was at 35C to 37C.

that's actually hard to believe unless you're talking about package or socket temp.. that's too low for an oc'd i7 6850K, what application are you using to measure temps?.

The reading in original post s from ASUS motherboard BIOS.

When running CoreTempGT 1.4, it says all six cores are at 19C to 22C with nothing running except the usual Windows background processes.

very good temps.. you are fine.. now put that puppy under load and start monitoring the temps.

that's actually hard to believe unless you're talking about package or socket temp.. that's too low for an oc'd i7 6850K, what application are you using to measure temps?.

very good temps.. you are fine.. now put that puppy under load and start monitoring the temps.

Thanks for the feedback. This is my first new build since a 3770k in 2012.
Was not sure what these new CPU's were running at from a starting point.

Back