CPU mining coins and Profit, what to CPU mine?

ralle12

n00b
I think it's bad on threads on there when it comes to CPU mining, not just here on any forum. I today GPU mine ETH the litle time that's left doing that and CPU mine Raptoreum at the same time and see no drop in ETH mining hashrate actually for those not having GPU farms and GPU mine at a ordinary computer on one or a few GPU cards could this be a good question to get some more profits thru utilizing the CPU as well. I have a Intel i5-9400L @ 2,9 Ghz.
Raptoreum is not a big crypto by any means. but everyone trying to find that gem early that will pump later on ;)

However it would be fun to get CPU mining thread going and I know there is a smaller demand on that because of the profitability with CPU mining when it comes to most of the coins out there which is CPU mineable, but I thik there is a few out there to make a decent profit from at least if you calculating the price it might go up to in the future. Things to discuss in thread:

If you CPU mine something now:

- What do you mine?
- What CPU do you mine with
- How is your profit looking
- If you want can you mention what CPU mining program and algorithm you use

Other things to discuss in thread:

- What coins exists to mine with CPU
- CPU coins that might go up in price later and has a bright future
- Profit on different CPU mineable coins
- Project updates that has CPU mineable coin
- Different CPUs to mine with
- Maximizing CPU performance (Tuning)
- CPU mining programs and algorithms
- Questions related to CPU mining

Myself just started to mine Raptoreum with Intel i5-9400L @ 2,9Mhz making lesser than 0,3 dollar/day in RTM, I'm currently hunting after a coin with better profitability!

Someone mining Myriad or Verus? If that's the case is a input highly appreciated.

Discuss!

i always thought the consensus on CPU mining is that is wasn't worth doing unless you have the CPUs in a machine that also have a GPU mining?

I mean, I have 4 CPUs mining I think in machine that have a GPU mining. I think they result in maybe an extra

all monero

2700x is like .00000288BTC
3800x .00002016btc
Xeon E2-1220 v3 .00000138btc
3200g .00000084btc
i7 6600U .00000179btc
Current Profitibility over 24 hours .00002705btc or .91 cents

But the CPU average swings wildly.

Is it worth it? not sure but since the machines are already doing something else, might as well get that extra 80 cents to a dollar a day.

i always thought the consensus on CPU mining is that is wasn't worth doing unless you have the CPUs in a machine that also have a GPU mining?

I mean, I have 4 CPUs mining I think in machine that have a GPU mining. I think they result in maybe an extra

all monero

2700x is like .00000288BTC
3800x .00002016btc
Xeon E2-1220 v3 .00000138btc
3200g .00000084btc
i7 6600U .00000179btc
Current Profitibility over 24 hours .00002705btc or .91 cents

But the CPU average swings wildly.

Is it worth it? not sure but since the machines are already doing something else, might as well get that extra 80 cents to a dollar a day.
would an i7 3820 make any money? or is it negatives since they use a lot of energy?

would an i7 3820 make any money? or is it negatives since they use a lot of energy?

I think if all you plan to use is CPUs, don't bother. Someone else may be able to chime in but I think the cache options the CPU has is what makes it good or bad at mining.

Another way to look at this is my worst performing GPU is a rx580 which pulls 100ish watts. It mines the equivalent of .80 to 100 cents a day. So all the CPUs are as good as one lowish end older video card.

I think if all you plan to use is CPUs, don't bother. Someone else may be able to chime in but I think the cache options the CPU has is what makes it good or bad at mining.

Another way to look at this is my worst performing GPU is a rx580 which pulls 100ish watts. It mines the equivalent of .80 to 100 cents a day. So all the CPUs are as good as one lowish end older video card.
im going to mine on a 1060 that makes 1.40 cad so if my cpu is also runing at the same time why not mine on it?

im going to mine on a 1060 that makes 1.40 cad so if my cpu is also runing at the same time why not mine on it?
Yeah, I would go ahead, but it won't earn a lot. Here's benchmarks of most CPUs for Monero which is usually the most profitable coin to mine.
https://xmrig.com/benchmark

Plug those figures into this rough estimator
https://whattomine.com/coins/101-xmr-randomx

List of CPUs that are most efficient due to cache amounts
(You'll want about 16 KiB of L1, 256 KiB of L2 and 2 MiB of L3 per thread, and a minimum of 2GB system memory).
https://en.wikichip.org/w/index.php...thread+count &sort=l3$+size&order=desc&eq=yes

I generally set PBO limits of 48W on a ryzen 3600, 64ish watts on a 3700x, and 100W on a 3900x to keep temps reasonable and get about 20% less than these figures. RAM timing is also very important but I don't really fool around with that too much yet, so a lot of my stuff is running cl16 3600MHz ram.

TR 3960x, 64gb DDR3600
XMR Monero - no administrator privileges for XMRig/6.13.1 -> $.98/day -> Not Worth it for me
VRSC VerusCoin - Nanominer - $1.10/day -> Not Worth it for me
DERO is another CPU mining coin, don't have it setup to test.

Back