CPU/MB deals @ Fry's

Mohonri

Supreme [H]ardness
These deals are available in the Houston area, but will likely be applicable to other areas as well. Please feel free to post whether it's valid where you live. These are available in the B&M stores, and occasionally, you'll see something similar at outpost.com

Athlon 64 X2 3800 w/ ECS K8T890 MB -- $279.99 The motherboard has AGP and PCIe slots, costs $64 on newegg. Sell the MB on ebay, and you've got a great deal on an X2 3800.

Athlon 64 3500 w/ ECS K8T890 MB -- $199.99 Same MB as above.

Sempron 2800 (S754) w/ ECS 755-A2 MB -- $79 MB sells for $44 on newegg, CPU for $75. A similar combo (with an ECS nForce3 MB) is available on outpost.com

I jumped on the ECS mobo w/ the Sempron 3100+. Just got delivered today. can't wait to get home and plug it all in!

Damn some good deals especially for the 3800+ even without the mobo that is a killer deal. Already got a 939 mobo probably gonna pick that up and sell it on ebay as you suggested or give it to my brother for his budget system. I wish it was all at outpost.com because I'm gonna have to drive like 40 miles or so to the city because Chicago suburbs have no Frys stores.

I picked up that X2 3800+ deal along with the Antec Sonata with TP 2.0 380 watt PSU for 70 bucks last week for my brother and everything has been running pretty smoothly so far. The ECS mobo isn't spectacular or anything but it runs just fine. Also dropped in a 7800GT from new egg for $264 which was a big upgrade over the 9600xt. Pretty much a huge performance upgrade for under 700 bucks.

maademperor said:
dammit! Fry's! East Coast! Now! Maryland in particular PLEASE!

Denver is more in the region than the east coast and still nothing in this area. Silly Fry's hoarding deals for all the folks in the west.

How would the 2800+ sempron deal compare to my little brother's 2500+ barton @3200+? Worth the upgrade?

Another Deal for Intel Fans only at Fry's

Intel Pentium D 920 & ECS 9459-A 279.99$

I bought the X2 3800+ deal and if you look at the price of the CPU they sell it in the deal for 231$ and 49.99$ for the Mobo.

By the way all the deals above are good at any Frys in the Bay Area, CA.

ion_the_jester said:
Denver is more in the region than the east coast and still nothing in this area. Silly Fry's hoarding deals for all the folks in the west.

The west, the south, Chicago, and Indiana...20 minutes up the road from me.

:p

maademperor said:
dammit! Fry's! East Coast! Now! Maryland in particular PLEASE!

Im tellin ya, Fry's would make a killing in the Arlington, and Hampton Roads areas.

I tried to return the mobo but they count it as one item with the 3800+, and good luck selling it on ebay, everyone else is, i couldn't get 10$ for it.

Most Frys combo are retail versions, unless stated in their ads. All the deals listed in this thread are retail processors.

daroy99 said:
I tried to return the mobo but they count it as one item with the 3800+, and good luck selling it on ebay, everyone else is, i couldn't get 10$ for it.

bit on the x2 3800/ecs mobo combo two weeks ago. sold the mobo on ebay for ~$35.00 last week.

reason why i sold the mobo is that i have my eye on another mobo.
but something that you all should know about the mobo that comes with the combo...
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1014314

besides the "AGP Express" thing on the mobo, it's still a good deal.

Those all end today, from now on I'll start posting them when I get them.

Back