CPU Cooler to fit in X Qpack

kimahri626

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for an cpu cooler for a AMD athlon II x4 that fits in an x qpack matx case. Any suggestions.

The Thermaltake Blue Orb II fit perfectly in mine.

100_1743.jpg

Oh, and how do you cable manage in yours. I tried and failed. Too small and it's full up now.

Oh, and how do you cable manage in yours. I tried and failed. Too small and it's full up now.

It was a bear, I ended up shortening and getting rid of a lot of the PSU cables. In the end I purchased a mini P180 and never looked back. For the money the Q-Pack was just not what I expected it to be, the metal was super thin and bent all the time.

Yeah, I bought it for a htpc but realized it was better than my gaming rig so I switched. Hah. I tried using the psu in a mid tower but cables were too short.

Cable managing one of these things is a headache, plus the clear windows makes everything too visible. I'd paint the windows black. :)

Would a Corsair H50 or other watercooling work with this since there is a large fan on the back? Is the fan 120mm?

Cable managing one of these things is a headache, plus the clear windows makes everything too visible. I'd paint the windows black. :)

Would a Corsair H50 or other watercooling work with this since there is a large fan on the back? Is the fan 120mm?

It would probably kill case airflow and not sure if you could get the hoses in there without kinking.

I think the best you can get is the CNPS 8700. IF you slightly modify the chasis and install the heatsink after you slide the mobo tray in, something like an Ultima 90 may work with little effort.

Managed to get an H50 setup a few weeks ago by mounting the rad and the fan outside the case in the back and cutting a slot in the back tray right above the i/o plate for the hoses... only other cuts we did was the back of the top panel where the fan was and the actual fan grill on the back of the case was removed.

Works a charm.

Sweet mod. I built an XQPACk for my friend and while it's a nice case, cable management was really annoying. Personally I would like one if the front panel looked a bit classier.

Back