cover art for game cases questions

VA Supremacy

Limp Gawd
Has anyone printed off Game covers?

I've downloaded Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (GC), Wii Sports (Wii) and Zelda: Link's Crossbow Training (Wii) and can't seem to get to print correctly.

Is there any special paper to use?

Anybody know how to print it off for the right size of the Gamecube and Wii cases?

Anything else I'm missing or whatever?

Thanks for the help.

I would use glossy or matte photo paper. You can find it at office supply stores.

Has anyone printed off Game covers?

I've downloaded Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (GC), Wii Sports (Wii) and Zelda: Link's Crossbow Training (Wii) and can't seem to get to print correctly.

Is there any special paper to use?

Anybody know how to print it off for the right size of the Gamecube and Wii cases?

Anything else I'm missing or whatever?

Thanks for the help.

Not sure exactly *why* you'd be needing to do this... but regardless..

If you are looking at an image that is X by Y pixels, and you need those X by Y pixels to take up W by H inches, you need to print at a specific number of pixels per inch. (most often referred to as dots per inch or DPI for short)

This means that you need to take the X resolution of your image file, and divide it by the width of your final image. This will give you the DPI you want to print at.

As a note, if your image is properly scaled (meaning it's in a proper ratio of dimensions to the original size) you should have the same DPI in both horizontal and vertical directions.

Also note, most programs will let you specify the size of an image you want to print and will do all this automatically for you.

Finally: if you're trying to print something bigger than the printable space of your printer will allow, you have to find a bigger printer or piece together multiple pages.

I bought Gamecube and Wii game cases from NOA and currently Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (GC), Wii Sports (Wii) and Zelda: Link's Crossbow Training (Wii) are not in regular cases and it annoys the hell out of me. I hate that Gamestop put the Bloody Roar in a generic DVD case and stupid cover. The two Wii games come in annoying cardboard sleeves that seems it would scratch and just annoying to use in general.

Downloaded from http://www.thecoverproject.net/index.php and there really wasn't a guide. I was clueless until I found http://www.gamingbits.com/content/view/1535/2/ which made it more confusing.

Though it seems I don't have to do anything but trim the edges after printing.

Thanks.

There are cover printing programs that have templates for this. Basically various jewel case sizes and DVD cases based on the spine size (slim 7mm or standard 14mm). "UNDERCOVERXP" is a great free program for this, it even auto-chooses the template dependent of the source image. Depending on your printer and how it handles margins you might not be able to print a full sized dvd cover (unless going slim case) on a standard 8 1/2 x11 sheet, might need to print on an 8 1/2 x14 with this program.

Just use photo paper.

And doesn't Nero come with a cover printing utility?

You're misunderstanding what you can do with UnderCoverXP. They are print templates, meaning it'll print to the size of the template you choose. You don't have to create anything or paste your picture into a template. Example; If you have a hi-res scan of a dvd cover, you drop it into UnderCoverXP and it'll (most of the time) auto choose a "DVD template" to print. It sizes everything for you, you can even choose the "dvd template 7mm" which is a slim case spine which it'll resize the spine for you. All you have to do is drop in a picture. The only problem you'll have is with your printer and margins. Like I said before a full sized dvd cover might be beyond what you printer can do on standard paper such as 8 1/2 x 11. If you need help just PM me.

Back