Court Tosses Out Lindsay Lohan's GTAV Lawsuit

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York has finally brought this stupid lawsuit to an end. It's too bad that Lohan can't be billed for wasting the taxpayers money. :(

As to Lohan's claim that an avatar in the video game is she and that her image is used in various images, defendants also never referred to Lohan by name or used her actual name in the video game, never used Lohan herself as an actor for the video game, and never used a photograph of Lohan. Even if we accept plaintiffs' contentions that the video game depictions are close enough to be considered representations of the respective plaintiffs, plaintiffs' claims should be dismissed because this video game does not fall under the statutory definitions of "advertising" or "trade."

Doesn't she still have to pay her lawyer's fees though?

The Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York has finally brought this stupid lawsuit to an end. It's too bad that Lohan can't be billed for wasting the taxpayers money. :(

As to Lohan's claim that an avatar in the video game is she and that her image is used in various images, defendants also never referred to Lohan by name or used her actual name in the video game, never used Lohan herself as an actor for the video game, and never used a photograph of Lohan. Even if we accept plaintiffs' contentions that the video game depictions are close enough to be considered representations of the respective plaintiffs, plaintiffs' claims should be dismissed because this video game does not fall under the statutory definitions of "advertising" or "trade."

why can't she? I am not a lawyer but I thought if a case gets thrown out you could still be forced to pay court cost and lawyer fees for the other party

Lindsey Lohan is a dried up celebrity, that blew all her money, so now she's sews for stupid shit like this. This chick just needs to go away.

Even if it was specifically designed to be her AND they used her name they'd still be protected by the right to parody.

The US legal system is extremely prone to frivolous lawsuits because the burden of proof is too low and plaintiffs aren't automatically assigned court costs. This doesn't happen nearly anywhere else.

Colorado has a law where plaintiffs can be required to pay the defendant's legal costs if they lose, at least under some circumstances (I am not a lawyer so I don't know what's required for that to happen). Nothing can ever go wrong with that, right?

What's the problem? I would have sided with the theater in that case, too. Looks like a handful of entitled assholes trying to rob the theater for 'pain and suffering' that the theater/staff had no role in.

That picture looks like a generic blonde nobody taking a selfie. Lindsey Lohan thinks a picture of her drunk(high?) looks like a generic nobody. Truer words were never spoken.

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's go easy on Lindsay here guys... coke is expensive.

Also, lawsuit's true intention probably worked. Here we are talking about her.

Lindsey Lohan is a dried up celebrity, that blew all her money, so now she's sews for stupid shit like this. This chick just needs to go away.

Calling one "stupid", then yourself misspell "sews" which is spelled "sues" is like pot calling kettle black.

Lindsay Lohan, I wouldn't even fuck her with Kyle's dick.

What about using Steve's?

JUDGE: I see no ankle bracelet on GTAV chick?

LINDSAY: Umm, well... (gulps)

JUDGE: (threw the book out) The court is dismissed.

lKB776w.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what some of you guys are talking about, I would totally be there if she still looked like she does in that pic.

OTOH, drug use does take a toll on the body...

Colorado has a law where plaintiffs can be required to pay the defendant's legal costs if they lose, at least under some circumstances (I am not a lawyer so I don't know what's required for that to happen). Nothing can ever go wrong with that, right?
I fail to see the issue. The theater was not responsible for the shooting, unless the plaintiffs were trying to make the claim that the theater was responsible for providing security to prevent something like that(and they aren't. Even if they had metal detectors and a rent-a-cop at the door, it wouldn't have stopped a crazy man from simply shooting the guard first).

I believe the UK has a losing plaintiff must pay legal fees type of clause for the equivalent of civil suits there, and it'd be great if we had it here. Sure, in this instance it the defendant was a large company, but that still doesn't mean they should just eat the cost because people decided to waste their time and money on a BS lawsuit. It would also work to the benefit of the "little guy" when large companies file BS suits against individuals and small businesses who would normally be able to get a slam dunk win but cannot due to drawn out legal fees and being out hundreds of thousands over a drawn out legal battle that can take years(meaning the plaintiff can bully them over time with a legal team, or just force a deal).

That doesn't mean suddenly plaintiffs will be out tons of cash, it would mean people might have to think twice before filing bullshit cashgrab lawsuits.

Why would she be protected from parody but Fox, Facebook, etc. don't sue?

And they rip reality talent shows, scientology, etc.

I don't know what some of you guys are talking about, I would totally be there if she still looked like she does in that pic.

OTOH, drug use does take a toll on the body...

She looked great and hot in that pic which was only 5 years ago.

Back