Couple of Questions

• Thread starter Deleted member 109755
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109755

I have the newest 2011 iMac and I'm wondering about a couple of things...

Does anyone else but me get the "Apple Bar" menu corruption after a while with lots of programs open... the bar fades to a nearly transparent gray... kinda weird. It's opaque at first but changes after a few days... I'm thinking it's driver corruption or failings of some kind.

Secondly,

Despite what I thought was thorough research, the 2011 iMac does not support display port (say, if i wanted to use my PC w/ the iMac for display targeting) - does anyone have any hacks to make this work or is it physically impossible?

I have the newest 2011 iMac and I'm wondering about a couple of things...

Does anyone else but me get the "Apple Bar" menu corruption after a while with lots of programs open... the bar fades to a nearly transparent gray... kinda weird. It's opaque at first but changes after a few days... I'm thinking it's driver corruption or failings of some kind.

Secondly,

Despite what I thought was thorough research, the 2011 iMac does not support display port (say, if i wanted to use my PC w/ the iMac for display targeting) - does anyone have any hacks to make this work or is it physically impossible?

Haven't had that bug, but I have had some finder glitches with lion.

As far as your second part, all I am aware of is your PC would have to have thunderbolt to do what you want and i'm not aware of any work around.

You can't use a TB iMac for Target Display Mode from a MDP device. You can use a TB device to use a MDP iMac in display mode (as I'm doing with my two iMacs)...but not the other way around. Nothing you can do there.

Back