couple of questions on Windows 8 also WMC

sparks

2[H]4U
If I disable the login password does this also disable the lock screen or are the seperate?
I have had this thing go to the lock screen 2 times and REFUSE to come back

Installed a 3TB drive the default is a 2TB and 1TB partitions on the drive.
I tried to delete both partitions and it refused.
I can enable the first 2TB partition but it won't do anyhting with the other one.
New MB ASUS P8H77-M/CSM LGA 1155 Intel H77

WMC key request it might take 3 days.
WTF
1 its been 5 days and no key
2 3 days what did they loose it in the windows 8 they are running and can't find it (I can believe that)
3 anyone know the number to call and find out WHAT is taking soooooo long ?

You can use the "netplwiz" command to get to the section to disable password logon requirements. I find it works better than disabling the password all together.

WMC Key: Use a couple of email addresses to get multiple keys. Resubmit the info of the email address that you used. They seem to be somewhat slow at getting the keys out. I've had them send me the key & a key # reminder email at the same time when I've resubmitted the info.

thanks for the info.
do you remember what the from email address is?
I wanted to check/search my junk mail folder but have not seen anything there that was MS name.
I am going to resubmit when I get home. OVER AND OVER lol
one person said there was a snafu on the keys and it gave you win8 key too so they have about quit all keys.
I have no idea on this its just an email I got.

Waiting on a WMC Win8 keys too.... two emails, it's been a week.

Starting to suspect MSFT is calling no joy- even though it posted that it's good thru 1/31/13.

I am going to try 4 request maybe one of those morons will wake up.
It should hit your email before you get it typed in LOL

Lots of people are having issues getting the WMC keys. Some can't even get the submit button to work, we get a message about not being able to even complete the order, let alone waiting for eons. The terms do indeed state until Jan 31st, but I think someone pooched it and ended it early, likely (just a guess) due to all the people who loaded Win8 Enterprise illegally then dropped a legit WMC key in.

well I just tried to resubmit and it refused it.
God I wish this rat ass company would go out of business.
Everyone would go to linux and the world would be a LOT better off.

Back