Couple Gifts from Sony and Nintendo...Where is MS?

Bowhuntr11

[H]F Junkie
Well PS3 gave us GT:HD...

Wii gave us Super Mario Bros and other games...

Where is MS's gift? I havent seen anything yet, but I havent checked for about 4 hours. Anything came out yet?

Well, over the weekend Microsoft announced that the standard 90-day warranty on the Xbox 360 had been extended to a 1-year warranty. I guess that'll have to do unless they announce something else.

PS - Thanks for the Wii reminder. I almost forgot about Super Mario Bros. being available for download today.

Yeah I downloaded Super Mario Bros. at 6AM this morning lol. I still cant believe I remember where are all the secrets are :D

And yeah the year warranty is a good gift...but it sucks for us that bought the gamestop 1 year warranty...........

(Price drop Q1 07?) Whats that have to do with christmas? Or are you saying they are going to announce it today? Plus, hows that a gift for us current owners?

Bowhuntr11 said:
Well PS3 gave us GT:HD...

Wii gave us Super Mario Bros and other games...

Where is MS's gift? I havent seen anything yet, but I havent checked for about 4 hours. Anything came out yet?

There are quite a few nice things on xbl. Like the free content from bethesda for oblivion. MS gave EVERY person who bought a system this year a 9 month warranty upgrade for free.

It's odd you say that Wii gave you anything....you consider paying 5 bucks for 20 year old games a "giveaway"? They also upped the price on tg16 games (rtype costs more than all previous releases).

Only GT:HD is something I consider a gift...

Downloaded Street Fighter and SMB today... still fun, but NOT a gift...

I want Chrono Trigger, Soulblazer, Legend of Mystical Ninja, Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Master Quest, some more RPG's... and for cheaper than what they are currently going for... another $10 plopped down on games I already own isn't something I consider a present...

if i had a wii, i'd have downloaded super mario bros, even though i have played it endlessly through emulation. i remember asking for the atari 2600 for christmas in 1986 or 87, and i got the NES instead, bundled with smb/duck hunt. would be fun to revisit it on a nintendo console 20 years later on christmas morning.

Bowhuntr11 said:
(Price drop Q1 07?) Whats that have to do with christmas? Or are you saying they are going to announce it today? Plus, hows that a gift for us current owners?

A little thing about Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Once you become a 'current' owner they kind of lose interest, caring more about new potential customers. As for christmas, well Q1 is near christmas :D

tornadotsunamilife said:
A little thing about Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Once you become a 'current' owner they kind of lose interest, caring more about new potential customers. As for christmas, well Q1 is near christmas :D
Not necessarily. I've been in playstation underground for atleast 8-9 years and in GAP (playstation gamers advisory panel) since the PS2 came out. I get free goodies every month it seems like. Demo's, clothing, access to beta testing, coupons, etc. Best part is that I havent paid a dime to them besides buying and registering my console(s) years ago.

Ok I never meant FREE gifts...but just something released around christmas to make me excited. Yes I had to pay for Super Mario Bros...but they released it at christmas and I was like "Oh cool"...Sony released GT:HD for free, which was even a better "Oh cool". And MS, I guess, extended the warranty (EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE A YEAR THROUGH GAMESTOP) and I was like "Oh cool, too bad it doesnt do shit for me!"

And also, this isnt because I like Sony over MS or anything like that. I own all three consoles and I love them all...

tornadotsunamilife said:
Price drop Q1 2007, watch and see ;)

You really think they'll bother with a price drop already? They've just started making money on the consoles if I remember correctly, and the 360 is still significantly cheaper than the PS3.

Doesn't make sense to me....

doesn't make sense to me either. I think they would wait til PS3 picks up steam and is widely available. Plus I would expect them to bundle before they drop the price, like bundle PGR3 or some other first party title. Kind of like XBOX 1 bundled with Sega games GT2002 and JSRF.

quadnad said:
You really think they'll bother with a price drop already? They've just started making money on the consoles if I remember correctly, and the 360 is still significantly cheaper than the PS3.

Doesn't make sense to me....

I know the PS3 is out over there but in Europe it isn't and I promise you Microsoft will not let it make up the figures (I imagine A LOT of people in Europe are waiting for the PS3), which is why I am speculating a price drop (hey even £50 could swing it). Maybe Q2 but I think it will happen at the first half of 2007.

Mehrune's Razor for Oblivion is a free download this week. I guess that doesn't apply for everyone, and could probably be seen as little more than an advertisement for Oblivion, but hey, it's a gift!

I went ahead and downloaded it even though I don't play Oblivion anymore. I mean why not?

Yeah, I wouldn't count Nintendo's new games being on sale as a gift. Especially when SFII is the SNES version and MS's is Turbo, only $2 more, and has online play.
A gift would've been giving an old game like SMB at no charge. I guess you might count the free web browser as a gift, though!
MS didn't really have anything either. Like Namork mentioned, we got a free Mehrune's Razor add-on for Oblivion and that's it.

Even though you still have to pay for it....XBlive has the only (legit) downloadable HD movies and tv shows on the intarwebnet. :)

Back