couple cs questions on BENQ FP931

ngk

Gawd
just grabbed one of these monitors for my mom....i ordered mine today...so i'll have two for a while...

my first question....in hl2 i'm still getting over 100 fps easy with my 6800 vid card and this monitor...the refresh rate is at 75hz.....but if i go play regular counter-strike my fps is constant at 60...never moving from that.....how can i get higher fps in regular counter-strike ???

also...the loading screen i have used to work fine at 800x600 resolution with my old CRT. now since i've changed the resolution to 1280x1024 it looks crappy and blocky...i tried making one for the 1280 size and named it 1280_1_a_loading.tga but that doesn't work....

any answers????

What does your fps have to do with your monitor? Last time I checked it is entirely system dependant. (gfx/cpu/memory)

In CS, go to console and type fps_max and see what it says. Even though my LCD refresh rate is at 60Hz, I leave fps_max at 101. For some reason it just feels smoother. And when I have net_graph 3 on, it shows 100 fps.

hmmm....i dunno then....i'm not limited by my comp as i get over 100 fps on the cs:source video stress test....i remember on my old CRT i had to force it to refresh faster to get the fps higher...my max is 200 in there so that's not the problem....i'll go try and mess around with it more...

Maybe your refresh rate override isn't set for your CS resolution? Do you play them at the same res?

no i haven't tried to set the override on this monitor yet...i'll try that for 1280x1024

I just got mine in today and JUST installed it literally 5 minutes ago. The only problem is that there is one stuck pixel :( .

Anyways all you have to do in regular CS is go into console and type fps_max 100 and you'll be able to get 100 fps because default is at 60.

i had to turn off vsync in my graphics card properties to get to 100 fps....

Back