Counterstrike Class Tables out of date?

sanitarium16

Limp Gawd
I dont know if i have a virus affecting Counterstrike or what but every time i try and connect to a counterstrike game it goes black and says "Class tables out of date press F3 to update" so when i press F3 it always takes me to this one server, i cant choose any other server!!!!! I tried reinstalling CS but it still does it. WTF??!?!?!

are you trying to connect to your own server? according to steam support this error occurs when there has been an update to the game and the server hasn't been updated.

No, im just trying to connect to any game on the list. It always says class servers out of date and brings me back to this one same server. I cant switch games!

Post a screenshot of the error. When you say reinstalled CS do you mean you right clicked it on your steam games menu and hit remove, or did you actually go and delete the gcf files and game folders? Try deleting your config also.

Right clicked in Steam. I just tried it now and i was able to get on another server.....weird. I will post a screen shot if it happens again thanks

OK its happening again and again!!!!!!! Here is a screen shot. On top its saying a server wants to connect to you and the bottom class tables are out of date press F3 and when i do it connects me to the server asking to connect!

i've never seen anything like that before. have you installed any custom CSS content that was an .exe file or contained .dll files? i don't know that just looks suspicious to me.

Did you possibly connect to a random server that installed something? I don't play much CS at all but I remember someone else having a similar issue...

i think completely uninstalling steam and reinstalling would be safe. then be careful what mods and skins you're using, and make sure you're not letting servers install stuff on your computer. visit non-sketchy servers w/ websites where you can dl everything and sift through it for viruses first.

i think completely uninstalling steam and reinstalling would be safe. then be careful what mods and skins you're using, and make sure you're not letting servers install stuff on your computer. visit non-sketchy servers w/ websites where you can dl everything and sift through it for viruses first.

I wouldn't go as far as STEAM, but delete CS:S and dl it again.

Goto your C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\UserName\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg directory (or wherever the game is installed) and delete or rename config.cfg

Search in the cstrike and all subfolders and make sure there isnt an autoexec.cfg file, if there is, delete that also.

Your class tables are definetely not out of date, otherwise you wouldnt be able to connect to the server in the first place and you would get a VALVE error box appear and stop you joining, the error message you are seeing is generated by a script some retard has created. Long ago it was possible for admins to modify users config.cfg files and execute commands on there client, Valve eventually fixed this issue after too many compliants, so now if a server wishes to redirect or autoconnect you, it has to ask you to click on a msg or press a key (Like F3). Im not sure how somebody got the script onto your computer, but deleting both files above should delete it.

If it helps i would avoid joining the server ip mentioned in your screenshot as its most likely these retards who created the script. May they drown in a river of fire.

You could run an antivirus but i doubt it would pick it up, due to the fact its just a random retard script. Unless of course you installed some kind of EXE for skins/textures/sounds etc, in which case i would recommend the scan

OK i will do this. I did a scan with my virus scan/spyware, AVG 8.0 as well as Trend Micro House call and Kapersky online scanner. Nothing found. Could this have stolen data off my PC? Why the hell would some retard make a script to only join one server?

This is the server it keeps redirecting me to

Server Name:[-Q-] 24/7 Office [No Awp/Auto] [100 Tick] - www.theQclan.com
Server Type:Counter Strike Source
IP Address: 209.160.36.102 Port: 27015 Status: Alive

No clan info is available. Are you the server owner? If so,
click here to add your clan's information to this page!

Login to add this to your favorite servers.
100th Game Rank: 31st (100th percentile) - Counter Strike SourceServer List
Highest Rank (past month): 29th Lowest Rank (past month): 34th

cs_officeIs this image bad or incorrect? Upload a new one!
cs_office

Current Players: 31 out of 32total slots
Average Players: 29.6 (past month)
Server Info Page Views

if that QClan has a web site you might wanna check it out to see what kind of mods they might be running.

I found online, some one else having the same exact problem. It was recommended they do a reinstall. Thats what i did. Is it possible for that to steal info off the computer???

yes it is POSSIBLE but I'd say unlikely, so did you try actually deleting your config file yet?

Yes that didnt fix it it kept happening. I wound up doing a reinstall and it fixed the problem. How do i stop CS from downloading custom files/??

you have to go to your config file and enter something like cl_allowdownload 0

Back