Counter Strike Source

Movieesa

Gawd
I recently started up CS again and I was curious, should i ber touching any of my cl update rates and all that stuff? When i shoot i seem to be way behind but that could just be me i suppose. I have read stuff on the net but they tend to conflict each other.
Thanks

Server should change it for you, but sometimes I guess it doesn't work.
I have mine set like this I believe,
rate 30000
cl_updaterate 100
cl_cmdrate 100

Server should change it for you, but sometimes I guess it doesn't work.
I have mine set like this I believe,
rate 30000
cl_updaterate 100
cl_cmdrate 100

66, 66, 25000. Since the OB Update the game has been locked at 66tic. Alot of GSP's were forcing a higher rate but they were seeing instability and inferior performance. It plays better this way.

just go look for Cal config if you want the standard settings

rate 25000
cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101

cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_interp 0.03
rate 100000
cl_smooth 0
cl_cmdrate 66
cl_updaterate 66

rate 25000
cl_updaterate 66
cl_cmdrate 66

this is what mine is set to. It works well.

cmdrate 66 - updaterate 66 are the CSS defaults for quite some time now

100 rates are pointless for 66tick servers

100tick servers are pointless for OB engine, hit registration can be pretty damn reliable 99% of the time

cl_interp = cl_interp_ratio / cl_updaterate according to valve

Learn your stuff :)

These no longer work. Servers are capped @ 66tic by default. Very few offer the 100tic kernel tweek.

I haven't been to any that don't allow that. eGo, HG, NG, six, NinjaGirl and Section 9 gaming. All the major ones. We are talking about source right?

I haven't been to any that don't allow that. eGo, HG, NG, six, NinjaGirl and Section 9 gaming. All the major ones. We are talking about source right?

The OB engine isn't made to go higher than 66 tickrate, you can force the tickrate to whatever is specified, but there will be issues. Those CS:S communities, really just think "higher is better".

Yeah but I don't play in pubs really. I do know the eGo and HG shit though.

LL

Does this look like an alright net graph? I don't understand the color parts and if there are peaking too much.
Thank you

66, 66, 25000. Since the OB Update the game has been locked at 66tic. Alot of GSP's were forcing a higher rate but they were seeing instability and inferior performance. It plays better this way.

I ran the 100 tick mod on my servers. The game instantly ran smoother with better registration. There was no instability with the server its just the tickrate wasnt stable.

Since the beginning Windows servers were always capped at 1000FPS with the same retarded valve reasoning about it only needing that much. ;)
project.jpg

Anyone still prefer CS:S over the new one? I used to have a clan in high school (EW) or "Elite Warfare" and I really wish I had kept in touch with those guys. We never talked over mics or anything, but we all pitched in and ran a CS:S server and small web page I think and just ran Dust 2 and Dust all day every day. I was one of the admins of the server and I remember having so much fun... especially trying out new players for the clan, playing matches against other groups. I fired up CS:S the other day and I just got depressed because I found virtually no servers with real people in them. They were all pretty much just bot servers.

Are there any people out there who still prefer CS:S? Global Offensive just somehow doesn't feel right to me. It feels like a console game. Even the interface for finding servers compared isn't the same... In source I could find a huge list of servers and add filters for maps, but the lobby for GO feels like a Halo lobby or something. Feels console-y. I'd love to hook up with some people here who like Source still, but maybe I just need to get with the times and move on. I honestly haven't played CS in at least 8-10 years so it's been a long time, but I played a couple rounds the other night and it felt so good.

Anyone still prefer CS:S over the new one? I used to have a clan in high school (EW) or "Elite Warfare" and I really wish I had kept in touch with those guys. We never talked over mics or anything, but we all pitched in and ran a CS:S server and small web page I think and just ran Dust 2 and Dust all day every day. I was one of the admins of the server and I remember having so much fun... especially trying out new players for the clan, playing matches against other groups. I fired up CS:S the other day and I just got depressed because I found virtually no servers with real people in them. They were all pretty much just bot servers.

Are there any people out there who still prefer CS:S? Global Offensive just somehow doesn't feel right to me. It feels like a console game. Even the interface for finding servers compared isn't the same... In source I could find a huge list of servers and add filters for maps, but the lobby for GO feels like a Halo lobby or something. Feels console-y. I'd love to hook up with some people here who like Source still, but maybe I just need to get with the times and move on. I honestly haven't played CS in at least 8-10 years so it's been a long time, but I played a couple rounds the other night and it felt so good.
I also ran a fairly large clan in CSS clan so i know what you mean. There are still people who play the game. Setting up a quality server now would be really beneficial and probably do well. I cannot say i still play source. Source kinda went to shit IMO when they ported it over to Orangebox engine screwing over the people who run high tickrate and high FPS servers and it kind of ruined the smoothness of the game.

I do play CSGO now and to make it feel like old source i had to setup a tickrate enabler and run it at 102 tick and with 165hz and GSync the game feels really good. Problem with CSGO is they kind of cucked the people who want to start their own communities. If a server has 3 people or less in the server then it doesnt show up on server lists. So you have to have a good solid group of 4 people to really get a server jump started and because of that i threw in the towel on CSGO servers because i didnt have a solid 4 that would get on a help populate the server.

I also ran a fairly large clan in CSS clan so i know what you mean. There are still people who play the game. Setting up a quality server now would be really beneficial and probably do well. I cannot say i still play source. Source kinda went to shit IMO when they ported it over to Orangebox engine screwing over the people who run high tickrate and high FPS servers and it kind of ruined the smoothness of the game.

I do play CSGO now and to make it feel like old source i had to setup a tickrate enabler and run it at 102 tick and with 165hz and GSync the game feels really good. Problem with CSGO is they kind of cucked the people who want to start their own communities. If a server has 3 people or less in the server then it doesnt show up on server lists. So you have to have a good solid group of 4 people to really get a server jump started and because of that i threw in the towel on CSGO servers because i didnt have a solid 4 that would get on a help populate the server.

Well I would be in as one. So we just need two more now. :playful:

I haven't played CS in something like 12 years. Source was okay, but I preferred 1.6. I gave GO a chance before the lootbox idiocy and hated it. I'd be down for some Source, but I don't even know if I can play a game like CS anymore in my old age :ROFLMAO:.

I haven't played CS in something like 12 years. Source was okay, but I preferred 1.6. I gave GO a chance before the lootbox idiocy and hated it. I'd be down for some Source, but I don't even know if I can play a game like CS anymore in my old age :ROFLMAO:.

Okay we have 3. :ROFLMAO:

I just tried source tonight. I dont think there is any way i could actually go back. Went back to CSGO to get a true back to back and CSGO was so much smoother.

Csgo is a refined cs source.

Y'all need to take off your rose colored glasses and get with the times.

Csgo has the same server browser as css. You just need to select the right option. And complaining about skins is dumb. They offer no advantage. If you don't like them, don't use them.

Csgo is a refined cs source.

Y'all need to take off your rose colored glasses and get with the times.

Csgo has the same server browser as css. You just need to select the right option. And complaining about skins is dumb. They offer no advantage. If you don't like them, don't use them.
Do they still have surf maps in csgo? I played a ton on severs with crazy maps like them in css.

Back