Counter-Strike Source on-line tournament and hacks

not1germ

n00b
I am thinking about entering this Counter Strike Source competition:

http://www.igames.org/XFXqualifier

But I read on another forum, that for the on-line CSS tournaments that it is all about the hacks, he who hacks best wins. Is this true?

The XFX CSS Qualy is held at LAN centers, do people/teams still hack at these?

We (4 friends and I) just started playing CSS as a team, and we are starting to get better, would this be a go first tournament to enter?

Also, we are looking at joining a clan, any advice on choose a clan?

What the hell kinda forums are you on? You have people sitting next to you I think they will notice you are using hacks, models, skins etc...

No it's not all cheating. People who cry everyone cheats are people who suck, like you. You'd get raped hard if you entered.

No it's not all cheating. People who cry everyone cheats are people who suck, like you. You'd get raped hard if you entered.

How do you know for sure he'll get rape? Have you seen him play or met the rest of his team?

How do you know for sure he'll get rape? Have you seen him play or met the rest of his team?

I am positive he will get raped. He is new to source obviously and with learning curve as steep as it is,not a chance in hell. I've been playin cs for 7 years and i still get owned like a nub. For the op,no people do not actually cheat at the tourney's,online, there are plenty. What they mean by hack is players with ridiculous reflexes and precise aiming :p:p.

Well, we probably will get pwnd, because we are n00bs.

We are thinking about entering a competition, for the fun of it, even if we lose our first match.

Gotta start somewhere.

This XFX Competition looks interesting cause it seems more no-pro more marketing kinda thing.

Show up at the LAN, and have fun and see how you do with others.

Concerning hacks, I just heard it was a problem with on-line gaming, but it dosen't seem to be an issue with an on-site competition.

I mean, thats what this thing looks like, so besides yelling 'Duck!!' all the time, we should have fun getting our asses kicked...right?

It's not all about skills, it's about skills+ having more free time then any sane person should have. It takes hours and hours and hours of constant playing and tons of motivation to be insanely good. Anything you commit your entire life to you will become a master of.. it's just a matter of what you choose to expand your time and effort on becoming good at.

If its you and 4 other guys, you should make your own clan and practice/play together as much as possible. Get IRC, idle #sourcescrim and find other teams to play against. Sign up at gotfrag.com and view the pov and sourcetv demos of pro's playing so you can see how the maneuver and work as a team. Also consider signing up for caleague.com for season 9.

ya, find scrims at sourcescrim, advertise for cal-bad. if you're consistently winning, start looking for better teams (cal-o / cal-o+) etc. if not, then stay there. dont just play dust2, enter cal, theres plenty of horrible teams in cal-o, and it's more satisfying winning a match in a more official setting. although in order to play cal you're required to have a server and some organization.

if there are cheating scum, just go, kick their fucking asses and pwn it baby! 4 of ya working as a tight group should pwn! then when you're tired of playing girl cs, get into gungame! get that knife out and GO GO GO!

In August I started this post, now I am bringing it up again, because I did the XFX Challenge qualifier and I had a great time at it (just now got around to posting it).

I thought it better to resurect this post then make a new one.

So, we totally got owned - no surprise being n00bs at this.

Lots of people, and we learned a lot about CS:S and the clans and tournys. Met some of the gamers and some XFX people, and it seems like they are really into gaming – cool that a graphics card company is really into to it.

Anyways, we didn’t qualify, but that’s OK cause it was fun just to participate. I found out (I am now on the Challenge's email list) that the second part of this challenge is a popularity contest for those that qualified which is cool since it is similar to American Idol and this is different from anything else I have seen in gaming.

So I thought I would mention this, and you can see the gamers to vote ofr on their site. I have voted for these guys/gals who are my favorites and hope they get on the bus.

Carly
http://www.xfxteam.com/profiles/100260

Heather
http://www.xfxteam.com/profiles/100386

aLive,
http://www.xfxteam.com/profiles/100393

I am going to Lanfest this weekend, and maybe I will see a Live again, he was at the qualifier and is a cool dude and a great CS:S player - maybe one of the girls will be there too ;-)

Back