Counter-Strike: Source Dynamic Weapon Prices Beta Out

nooblicon question, but what does this mean? Do i have to pay for certain weapons in CS:S now?

Crapinapale said:
nooblicon question, but what does this mean? Do i have to pay for certain weapons in CS:S now?

No. It will be like always. When did you ever have to pay for weapons in CS? :p

I recently started playing it agan...and I must say..Im looking forward to this...no more awp whores.

hity645 said:
I recently started playing it agan...and I must say..Im looking forward to this...no more awp whores.

Last I saw, the price of the AWP was lower.

drizzt81 said:
thanks to the myg0t hack, NEVER :D

NEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH!
Can yuo guys h00k me up wi+h some uber hax lol
Okay, unzip anywhere but the steam folder and run the exe...

...what-what is happening to my computer???
NEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH!

hity645 said:

It's been a part of the game since the beginning yet people still complain about it. I bet over half the CS:S servers ban the awp (hence the lower price) and you're still whining?

I'm a little lost here, i went to the web site but they don't say what they changed. What exactly is this weapon prices beta thing, did they just change the prices? and if so whats the big deal?

I think the changes are generally the more people use the weapon the more expensive it gets, since awp whores are more rare than normal player and the awp is more expensive in the first place the chances are the price is going to drop.

Not that I really care, the few times I actually play CSS now a days I play on servers with the AWP turned off, it's a totaly retarded weapon to have in a game like CSS, and the use of it is so elitest.

Frosteh said:
I think the changes are generally the more people use the weapon the more expensive it gets, since awp whores are more rare than normal player and the awp is more expensive in the first place the chances are the price is going to drop.

Not that I really care, the few times I actually play CSS now a days I play on servers with the AWP turned off, it's a totaly retarded weapon to have in a game like CSS, and the use of it is so elitest.

how can using a gun in a videogame make you elitist? someone who takes actual pride in the fact they can awp is just retarded

megabyte said:
how can using a gun in a videogame make you elitist? someone who takes actual pride in the fact they can awp is just retarded
AH-FUCKING-MEN! awp hors are the biggest pussies in fps's. play gun games and its a thing of the past. GO GO GO!

I've come up with a solution for most of my awp annoyences. My problem is that people use it short range. If they made it so the awp would only have one, max distance zoom, no ability to change zoom distances, it would limit the awp to long distance sniping. It would make it almost impossible to use it close or even mid range.

I really don't see whats wrong with using the awp, these guys are just easier kills.

Seanmounce said:
I've come up with a solution for most of my awp annoyences. My problem is that people use it short range. If they made it so the awp would only have one, max distance zoom, no ability to change zoom distances, it would limit the awp to long distance sniping. It would make it almost impossible to use it close or even mid range.

I think that's a pretty good idea. The price should be lowered to about the same range as the Scout if they do that though.

What I would really like to try is a change to the hit detection; where headshots don't do additional damage unless the shooter is crouched. It would eliminate so many bullshit, spray-down-the-hall-randomly 1 hit kills, which is by far the most frustrating aspect of the game for me. Who hasn't tracked an enemy down, maneuvered behind him, and opened fire only to get 1 shotted by a wild jumping 180 spray. That kind of shit shouldn't happen.

The AWM has so many things that make it to easy to use. First as soon as you let go of the movement key and zoom in it is perfectely accurate. I dont see why they make it so you have to stand for at least 2 -3 seconds. Second it reloads too quick imo, I think it would be a much better weapon if it was an m99 barrett single shot. The third thing that makes it cheap is how you dont need it out to even reload it. Every other weapon you have to finish the whole animation before it gives you more bullets, but when it comes to snipers you can fire and before the gun even recoils you can switch to pistol come back and you have another shot. If anyone has every played Perfect Dark Zero the sniper in that game is perfect.

G'ßöö said:
AH-FUCKING-MEN! awp hors are the biggest pussies in fps's. play gun games and its a thing of the past. GO GO GO!

actually i'm an ex-pro player. in order to take pride in your game you need alot more skills than just awping.

anyone can shoot in a straight line, few can think around corners

megabyte said:
actually i'm an ex-pro player. in order to take pride in your game you need alot more skills than just awping.

anyone can shoot in a straight line, few can think around corners
AH-FUCKING-MEN! :D

The people who are shit-talkin the people who use an awp are obviously just casual players who AREN'T good enough to kill an average awper (WOW) with a colt/ak. Making the changes to the awp you guys are suggesting is the real retarded thing. Learn how to kill awpers and play the game how it's been for the past few years since 1.6 was released, enough said.

TekSomniaK said:
The people who are shit-talkin the people who use an awp are obviously just casual players who AREN'T good enough to kill an average awper (WOW) with a colt/ak. Making the changes to the awp you guys are suggesting is the real retarded thing. Learn how to kill awpers and play the game how it's been for the past few years since 1.6 was released, enough said.

Can I get a AH-FUCKING-MEN! :D

TekSomniaK said:
and it ALWAYS takes just a few responses before someone, much like yourself, says this utter crap. give your head a
headshake.gif
. tell em like it is Bane
smack.gif

the AWP is not overpowered, but in my opinion, those knowing how to abuse it by fuxoring with the interpolation make it imba on certain severs. Really not a big deal tho.

I just started playing cs source today after playing 1.6 for a long time. Honestly, AWP is overpowered...you don't even need to aim..just fire down random halls as you pass by and you die...thats really it. No other weapon in the game has nearly enough chance to do the same thing. Since I was new to source i stuck with the same weapons I used in 1.6, auto shotgun.

Yenno those flashbangs are crazy now lol :D

On a map like assault, the AWP is really dumb. I don't get how some people think a one hit kill weapon that's accurate to the smallest point isn't overpowered. If there's a ct on assault that camps outside with the awp, theres not much you can do to stop him as long as he has good aim.

KillerPotato said:
On a map like assault, the AWP is really dumb. I don't get how some people think a one hit kill weapon that's accurate to the smallest point isn't overpowered. If there's a ct on assault that camps outside with the awp, theres not much you can do to stop him as long as he has good aim.

QFT. This was my first map today and someone did the same thing
:mad:

cept there were four of them...

TekSomniaK said:

Exactly...

I quit playing but everyone who is good knows as soon as someone bitches about a weapon in the game that they are a fuckin newbie. An AK will shoot much better than an AWP, especially at close range. (duh) You just have to outsmart the awper. For instance, the jump fake. Jump to the left, hit right in mid air and the awper shoots where he thinks you would be. Just a simple tactic like that can get you that 1-shot headshot with an AK.

Just shut up and quit whining... it only makes you look like a newb.

Aelfgeft said:
NEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH!
Can yuo guys h00k me up wi+h some uber hax lol
Okay, unzip anywhere but the steam folder and run the exe...

...what-what is happening to my computer???
NEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH!

Find me the link to this and you will be my hero. I remember that back from 2000
:eek:

Overpowered was back in version 1.0 when a hit to your toe would be instant death with an awp. At least these days, sometimes it takes more than 1 hit.

KillerPotato said:

fromage said:
pros don't play source.

too true.

The AWM has so many things that make it to easy to use. First as soon as you let go of the movement key and zoom in it is perfectely accurate. I dont see why they make it so you have to stand for at least 2 -3 seconds. Second it reloads too quick imo, I think it would be a much better weapon if it was an m99 barrett single shot. The third thing that makes it cheap is how you dont need it out to even reload it. Every other weapon you have to finish the whole animation before it gives you more bullets, but when it comes to snipers you can fire and before the gun even recoils you can switch to pistol come back and you have another shot. If anyone has every played Perfect Dark Zero the sniper in that game is perfect.

The awp has been weakened after 1.5, yet people still say its cheap. No its not true that after you release a direction key, the awp will be deadly accurate, you have to push the opposite direction key to stop yourself from movement. That quote just gave yourself away from not knowing anything about the awp besides dying from it.
Everybody learn to dodge! Well most people know already. The complainers will never learn, just keep walking around assuming the awp is an unstoppable superweapon.

All the people who bitch about the AWP being easy mode have one thing in common: they suck at using it. Most try to cover up their inability to use the AWP effectively as wanting to use more "honorable" weapons or whatever.

The AWP is a stupid weapon for a game like CS and CS:S, the problem with both is that a lot of the maps have very long areas that allow for a great deal of sniping and there's no real way to deal with awpers at long range other than to try and flank them, and often with only 2 routes to the enemy campers all they need is 2 awepers and you're screwed.

I stopped playing CS a long time ago due to how elitest it was becoming but the AWP is by far the most elitest weapon of them all, and for many revisions of the game people were all out assaulting with it, which is just retarded.

I'm good at a lot of games, I think I'm probably in the top 5% of any game I play a lot and even for CS I can play well on a good day, but some people lay down such an ass kicking it makes you wonder exactly how long you have to play before you can reasonably compete.

I've come to realise over the last few years (my early 20's) that I've come to expect to win from games and that the competative streak is just not worth satisfying, so I play games and kick ass a bit and die a bit and when something better comes along I move on, there's no point getting set in your ways with a game like CS which people have been playing for what now seems eons.

I cba with counter strike and it's elitism, it's not worth the effort and this is coming from someone who played a LOT of games up until about 2 years ago.

I even play my singleplayer games on easy now, because I like the fun more than I like the challenge.

Anyhow I digress. I doubt changing the prices of guns will make the better guns harder to get and even if it does it just means once good people have the edge they will be harder to beat.

dotK said:
All the people who bitch about the AWP being easy mode have one thing in common: they suck at using it. Most try to cover up their inability to use the AWP effectively as wanting to use more "honorable" weapons or whatever.

thats true...im amazing with the ak,m4 and scout but im not very good with the AWP because i hardly ever buy it and if i have money i buy stuff for other teamm8s...

but i have used it and sometimes i suck othertimes its like i have aimbot

Back