Could you Sue Best Buy because they are not? -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raedon

Gawd
*I know, not a hot deal*

I go into Best Buy and see, say, Mallrats DVD for 22.99, then I go to Fry's and see it for $14.99. They have a WD 120 (no MIR) for $50 over Newegg.com.. Ever forget that you actually mailed out a MIR it took so long?

Obviously they are not the "Best Buy" as advertised blatantly over the entrance :) Could someone make a case on that?? :D

No.. seems like a solid thought to me.. If you are advertising yourself as the "Best Buy" shouldn't you price match the lowest price anywhere? Otherwise, well that is false advertising.

Originally posted by Raedon
AND because it is their name, there can be no exceptions really..

Actully there can, because thats all it is, a name.

Oh and when you sue them, please videotape yourself arguing about how

"It was called the best buy, so i bought alotta stuff, but then it wasnt the best buy, so i lost money" :rolleyes: :cool:

Originally posted by Raedon
*I know, not a hot deal*

I go into Best Buy and see, say, Mallrats DVD for 22.99, then I go to Fry's and see it for $14.99. They have a WD 120 (no MIR) for $50 over Newegg.com.. Ever forget that you actually mailed out a MIR it took so long?

Obviously they are not the "Best Buy" as advertised blatantly over the entrance :) Could someone make a case on that?? :D

I checked...all 120GB harddrives are between 88 and 107. :rolleyes:

haha! well, if an old lady can get 20 mil for calling coffee hot anything is possible.

yeah like that guy who sued mcdonalds to put caution hot on there cofee.

now if i served you cold cofee what would you do?

Sue radio shack too, obviously none of them are shacks.

and circuit city (they're not a city)

and Burger King, clearly they are not the king of burgers.

on and on...

Originally posted by _Sin_

on and on...

hah, so true.

and if i'm not mistaken, best buy DOES do price matching. do they not?

Originally posted by PrimusSucks
Did you get your "new egg" from newegg yet? :rolleyes:

ROFLMAO!

And on topic: If I was a kid just looking for quick money... I know! I'll sure BestBuy for marketing fraud! :D

The "Best" is for selfish reasons, it's the Best for themselves being a retailer in a capitalistic country. The "Buy" is for the consumer, they can buy things there. Radio Shack would much rather sell you a crappy computer, a cell phone or a 900 year AOL subscription than any stupid radio, Circuit City isn't a city made out of circuits, Pizza Hut makes pizzas, but not in a hut, Phillips 66 doesnt have one gas station still on Route 66, Holiday Inn isn't just open on holidays, Mountain Dew isn't the dew off a mountain, and so on. I don't know that a lawsuit would hold much water in court, but you could always try.

Originally posted by _Sin_

on and on...
Lollerskates!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back