Could you guys check out my specs and price please??

The-Hof123

n00b
Hi there, I'm looking to get my first ever gaming PC, I'm looking to spend approximately £400 ($612) I'm 18, and I'm not sure if the specs and build that I've found and picked for myself are good enough to run decent games (Total War: Rome II/Assassin's Creed Syndicate) at least 60FPS, the absolute maximum I would be able to spend is £450, because I also need to get a monitor and a keyboard and mouse. So, here are the parts that I've found and picked on www.computerplanet.co.uk: (I copied it from my quote)

Case - X-Blade Black
CPU - AMD FX 4300 (4 x 3.8 GHZ - Turbo 4 x 4.0 GHZ)
CPU Heatsink - AMD Heatsink & Fan
RAM - 8 GB 1333Mhz (1x8GB) - (DDR3)
Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti - 2 GB - (ZOTAC) - (PCI-E)
Power Supply - Corsair 450W PSU - Low Noise
Motherboard - Gigabyte 78LMT/USB3 (AMD 760G) - VGA/DVI/HDMI/2xUSB3/4xUSB2 (M-ATX)
Wired Networking- Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
Sound Card - Motherboard Integrated HD Sound
Hard Drive - 240GB Mushkin SSD SATA-III, Read 555MB/s, Write 525MB/s - Silent (FREE £20 In-Game Credit)
Card Reader - Internal Card Reader 50-in-1
Free Gift - FREE - 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Power Cable - 1 x 1.8 Metre UK Mains Power Cable

The total of this is £392.66 ($600.63) (including VAT) :)

Thanks in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated!
P.S. I do not mind if my graphics are not on max for the games, I just require little lag and a good fps.

I'd go Intel with the Core i3 4170. It performs about the same as AMD's 8 core processor (and even faster in games that don't use multiple cores). See it outperform an AMD 8 core here:

(The i3 4170 is the same as the i3 4360)

http://www.techspot.com/review/1087-best-value-desktop-cpu/page4.html

In that test, the i3 is faster in the newest Total War game by a large margin.

You'd be surprised how slow AMD's quad cores are. You wouldn't want to be CPU-limited on those games, would you? You can easily add a faster GPU later, so buy enough CPU now. It's only 50 pounds more for a Haswell i3 4170 system.

Also, if you want 60fps, the GTX 750 Ti can give it you, but you might have to turn down a few settings at 1080p resolution. It will still look better than consoles though :D

Those prices aren't too bad for paying somebody to build the system for you. I'm seeing maybe 20% markup.

Last edited:
id recommend another 8gb of ram just for extra room, if your a multitasker it will be beneficial if not then 8gb would suffice.

I would not be building out a new system on the AMD 760G chipset. It's 6+ years old (debuted in 2009) and doesn't even have PCIe 3.0 (not like you'd need it for a 750 Ti, but cmon!).

I hate to lump it to AMD, but they don't seem to care that their most advanced chipsets (not this one) are generations behind that of Intel's chipsets given platform features.

It's about the consumer and the value products bring to him/her - and the LGA1150 platform from Intel is about as cutting edge (outside of 1151) as you can get but is quite affordable.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys, and with the processor, I can't seem to get it on the website :( the only options I have are all AMD, and if I change it to the next one up, the price skyrockets! from £392.66 to £560. So I think I'll stick with my options, as they're cheaper, I can always upgrade it later, but for the moment, I'm going budget, but good enough. Also, I was thinking of getting a Kane Nemesis pro keyboard and mouse set, as well as an AOC e2270Swn monitor. Any thoughts?

Dude, select design your own button on the top. Then choose Haswell. It's not hard.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys, and with the processor, I can't seem to get it on the website :( the only options I have are all AMD, and if I change it to the next one up, the price skyrockets! from £392.66 to £560. So I think I'll stick with my options, as they're cheaper, I can always upgrade it later, but for the moment, I'm going budget, but good enough. Also, I was thinking of getting a Kane Nemesis pro keyboard and mouse set, as well as an AOC e2270Swn monitor. Any thoughts?

Stick with the lower, yes you can always upgrade later.

It won't let me, I've custom chosen the parts, but it only gives me a list of about 5 CPUs, all of which are AMD

There's a very clear button at the top of the page marked: Design Your Own PC

I don't see how you missed it, but I clicked on it for you:

http://www.computerplanet.co.uk/custom/intel-haswell-custom-pc/step1.html

Just follow this link to build a Core i3 system. It starts at 50 quid more, but will give you much better performance in today's and tomorrow's games. You just have to add back your SSD, GPU and X-Blade case :D

There's a very clear button at the top of the page marked: Design Your Own PC

I don't see how you missed it, but I clicked on it for you:

http://www.computerplanet.co.uk/custom/intel-haswell-custom-pc/step1.html

Just follow this link to build a Core i3 system. It starts at 50 quid more, but will give you much better performance in today's and tomorrow's games. You just have to add back your SSD, GPU and X-Blade case :D

Okay, I checked it out, and put on the same stuff as much as I could, and it came to £461.74, almost £100 more than the previous one. Plus, I know my friends have got both of them, and the one who has the Intel one can't run as good games, as the AMD one (they have the same of everything else).

you can't say one of your friends has both of them without listing the other stuff in their PCs, the CPU is only a part of it, everything else plays a factor

I figured you already made up your mind. I hate it when people post recommendation threads that are really just announcements

I'm out.

I just wanted you guys to check the value for money, and I did. I said, they have everything else the same.

scratch the dual pentium idea, head out to ebay, look up "c32 motherboard' and dig up a socket c32 atx board. Next look up "C32 processor" and dig up an AMD 8-core socket C32 processor for like $50-60.

Next look up "ecc ddr3 32gb" and shit your pants when you can get 32 gigs of ECC DDR3 for very little, but load up on like $50-100 worth of that (I think 24 gigs can be had as low as 50$).

Next you can realize that you saved a shitload of money, got an 8-core processor and saved enough on those things to get a 70-series nvidia card and also realize that it's server-caliber hardware you got, so it's inherently better than consumer-grade stuff you couldve purchased new in that price range.

Last edited:
Back