Could this voltage tweak stabilize my memory?

narsbars

2[H]4U
I just grabbed some 4 16gig Corsair 3600 sticks for my Asus X570 prime with a 5900X. I never looked on the QVL. About once a week I was getting a blue screen of death saying memory errors. The mem was set up with XMP and PBO and was running at 1.350. After a few shut downs I set it to 1.355 and have not had a crash since (fingers crossed). Question: Could such a tiny tweak actually make memory more stable or should I do some sort of tests to see if I can recreate the condition for further trouble shooting?

yes. i run my ram at 1.4v to ensure the oc is stable(3200 to 3600). with 4 stick you might even need to bump the soc voltage too.

It's probably not completely stable with that small bump but it can make a difference.

I've had to bump the voltage a tad on some recent AMD rigs to get the RAM stable. Be nice for them to get that sorted sometime.

I've had to bump the voltage a tad on some recent AMD rigs to get the RAM stable. Be nice for them to get that sorted sometime.
So far, no BSOD. I will run it like this for a month and if it repeats I will give it another tiny tweak. Previously it would have repeated by now.

I get the feeling that a lot of tech companies have cut back their Q&A depts massively. Lot of flakey stuff out there.

Probably more to do with MB makers like GB tweaking the sub timings beyond what the kit is rated for. Gives a nice performance bump when it works but some sticks need a little extra juice to stabilize.

Probably more to do with MB makers like GB tweaking the sub timings beyond what the kit is rated for. Gives a nice performance bump when it works but some sticks need a little extra juice to stabilize.

Well in 20+ years of PC building and fixing...not had this issue till the past three years or so. Hmmmmmm...whats been going on recently that may have had issues and decisions with staffing and productivity?

Looking at the stuff thats popping up on YouTube recently, I think quality had nosedived as a result.

Back