could this be caused by my psu?

xbreaka

Gawd
Well after i changed over to a new case that came wiff a 250watt generic psu all sleeved and such i decided id just use that instead of taking my tubolinks one outa my other case, well its been owkring fine for a couple months, but today i power on i get to login i enter passwrod, system immediantly restarts and then when it comes back to the login screen i login fine and it has a error message and says the system has recovered from a serious error, im thinkin ditch the 250 generic and slap in my tubrolinks, for now until i get a new psu?

xbreaka said:
Well after i changed over to a new case that came wiff a 250watt generic psu all sleeved and such i decided id just use that instead of taking my tubolinks one outa my other case, well its been owkring fine for a couple months, but today i power on i get to login i enter passwrod, system immediantly restarts and then when it comes back to the login screen i login fine and it has a error message and says the system has recovered from a serious error, im thinkin ditch the 250 generic and slap in my tubrolinks, for now until i get a new psu?
Try replacing the PSU as you initially intended to do and see whether the problem persists.

It definitely sounds like the PSU might be at fault, but you don't know for certain until you replace it.

well i tried that and it seems more stable, im hoping this will hold me over until i get a new one, im thinkin a 400watt vantec ion?

xbreaka said:
well i tried that and it seems more stable, im hoping this will hold me over until i get a new one, im thinkin a 400watt vantec ion?
Don't get a Vantec PSU. They've lots of noise on the rails. Antec, Thermaltake, Zalman, Fortron and others are a good choice, however.

I've never had any problems with the Vantec Stealth 520 that I run in my server. However, the Ion is a totally different PSU, different guts and everything, with no evidence of who makes it that i've seen. If you're going to get a Vantec, get a Stealth (which is a misnomer, because it's hella loud) For the price tho, you could get a nice Fortron, Antec, or Thermaltake.

Back