Could someone help this Numbskull? Problems with Lucid Virtu Z77

Sikpupi

Limp Gawd
So I bought the Asus Sabertooth Z77 yesterday, I thought I would make use of the integrated DP connection. So monitor is connected directly to the motherboard, my GTX680 is installed normally in PCI express x16. Latest drivers for both video cards installed, latest Lucid Virtu software is also installed.

Now as I understand it should pass the more powerful GTX680 out over the PCI bus when it's needed, but it behaves as though the GTX isn't even there. Games attempt to use the Intel HD graphics, Metro 2033 won't even start because it needs DX10.

All settings in BIOS are auto, anyone?

Virtu sucks at the best of times. Just use the discrete graphics and don't worry about Virtu.

In the nvidia control panel, where you set up the custom game profiles, there should be an entry that selects which GPU to use. Automatic settings will default it to the intel. You want to force it to use the nvidia.

I'm not on my regular computer right now so i can't tell you exactly what it says, but its something along those lines.

Thanks for getting back to me, seems the game I was trying to run doesn't have a profile. I guess Skyrim isn't popular enough? :rolleyes:

Metro2033 now works ok though, i'm sure this tech will work great soon :D

Thanks for getting back to me, seems the game I was trying to run doesn't have a profile. I guess Skyrim isn't popular enough? :rolleyes:

Metro2033 now works ok though, i'm sure this tech will work great soon :D

:D
Nvidia does support skyrim, you probably just have to manually add the .exe to get the driver to detect it. There should be an "add" button in there, or something along those lines. :):)

What's the real benefit of Lucid MVP in this regard? The GPU fully idles unless you are gaming and thus save on power/heat/noise (although GPUs are silent at desktop in my experience)?

What's the real benefit of Lucid MVP in this regard? The GPU fully idles unless you are gaming and thus save on power/heat/noise (although GPUs are silent at desktop in my experience)?

I think anything else that may be graphics accelerated, but not necessarily needing the power and power draw of the discrete card.

Back