Could someone help me I don't know what happened

HardLiner

Gawd
So I turned my monitor off (Benq G2400w) while my computer was still on and I come back an hour later turn my monitor back on and now my display is on a 4:3 ratio 1024 by 768 and my refresh rate is stuck on 64 hertz with no other options.

Any idea what happened?

So I turned my monitor off (Benq G2400w) while my computer was still on and I come back an hour later turn my monitor back on and now my display is on a 4:3 ratio 1024 by 768 and my refresh rate is stuck on 64 hertz with no other options.

Any idea what happened?

You wouldn't have happened to have upgraded to Windows 10 recently have you?

No, regardless I formatted my computer reinstalled windows 10 got to the desktop after a few minutes it fixed itself. Still don't know why it went like that though.

No, regardless I formatted my computer reinstalled windows 10 got to the desktop after a few minutes it fixed itself. Still don't know why it went like that though.

I asked because this same thing happened to me with the Samsung televisions once I installed windows 10. I restarted and was suddenly locked into a certain res with only 30HZ.

Turns out eventually the right timing of unplugging the monitor from HDMI and plugging it into different inputs would work. Was really strange.

Back