Could not wait, Got a near Mint GS7 Edge on swappa

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
I really need my work email on my phone. My G3 is really starting to show its age. Its rooted and due to this can not be encrypted plus its storage is not up to the task for FDE. I scored a GS7 Edge for 470$ shipped off of swappa. I was going to wait for the new HTC Pixel phones but I could not pass up this deal. I know its touchwiz but I am sure with a better launcher and some tweaks I can get it toned down. Condition based on pictures look 9.5/10. Nearly mint. I thought I would never ever go back to a Samsung phone after my GS3 but hear I am. For the price its hard to pass up what I feel is the best Android phone of 2016 period.

You'll be fine with the S7E, but be wary if your device stops working suddenly. People are taking the whole "Sell the phone, wait 3 months for Paypal protection to end, then report it stolen and get a replacement" scam from Craigslist to Swappa, so make sure the seller has good feedback and a history of trading on there.

That being said, Nova Launcher, AdGuard, and Google replacement apps for the stock Samsung ones, and you'll be in fine shape.

People are taking the whole "Sell the phone, wait 3 months for Paypal protection to end, then report it stolen and get a replacement" scam from Craigslist to Swappa

Wow, I buy a lot of phones and had not heard this one... Thanks for the heads up!

You'll be fine with the S7E, but be wary if your device stops working suddenly. People are taking the whole "Sell the phone, wait 3 months for Paypal protection to end, then report it stolen and get a replacement" scam from Craigslist to Swappa, so make sure the seller has good feedback and a history of trading on there.

That being said, Nova Launcher, AdGuard, and Google replacement apps for the stock Samsung ones, and you'll be in fine shape.
This guy seems legit. But thanks for the heads up. I might give TW and the stock launcher a try. Have not used TW since the GS3 days

Nothing wrong with Touchwiz really. I'd ditch the stock SMS app for Yaata, and use Chrome instead of the Samsung browser. But that's just me.

Nothing wrong with Touchwiz really. I'd ditch the stock SMS app for Yaata, and use Chrome instead of the Samsung browser. But that's just me.
For sure. I use textra and chrome. Everything else i will play a wait and see approach

I really can't understand why everyone adores Textra. Yeah, it USED to be the "slim" version of ChompSMS's bloated app, but as the years went on, it became just as bloated and slow. I dunno, I much prefer Yaata and AwSMS, but hey, that's the beauty of Android, to each their own.

So I took delivery of phone. What a fantastic price of hardware. The seller included a spigen thin case that's the exact silver metal she'll with a great black rubber inner part that protects all around along with the back. TW is much better and the bloat is very much toned down. I am gonna hunt for a better theme to apply. This is a major step up from my LG g3. After all these years that phone is still a great daily driver but the gs7 edge blows it out of the water.

Nova launcher is what I've been using. Though the Google Now launcher is a very good lightweight/stock android launcher as well...

Google "best android launcher" for a better idea what's out there currently.

Good luck and be careful with the Edge. I have had mine as a Note 7 replacement for less than 24 hours and I've managed to severely crack the glass on the front display. It sipped out of my pocket while driving and got stuck in between the car seat and the center console. I was unable to see or feel the phone because the space there is so slim. Once parked, I moved the seat forward to get a better look. I was able to finally see the sides of the phone just barely and I could tell already that there was a few cracks on the edge of the screen. Sometime through this process the display got smashed near the front button. The damn phone is so slippery that I don't think there was any other way of getting it out. It feels pretty awful and I'd like to think I wasn't being careless or neglecting it. I have gone through many smartphones and never had any issues. Anyways - just a friendly reminder.

/\ Indeed!!

I'd say get a case that has some grip to it. That should help :)

I had the one phone I sold on swappa and S6 Edge. The buyer said he could only use the phone with speaker phone on. I never had an issue with the phone. He never asked for anything and i sent some instructions for him to try and see if it fixed the phone. He never replied back and he had the phone for sale on swappa and never said anything bad about the phone. i printed up everything to cover my ass in case he tried some paypal garbage.

Well it happened already. Had my edge out of its case because I was testing the new gear vr headset. Took it outside and it fell out of my pocket sitting down and crack in the upper left corner. Luckily it's not on the screen. But man this phone is fragile. Sucks but moral on the story never run this phone naked. Lesson learned. It also caused a very small hairline crack on the other side of the impact.

Well it happened already. Had my edge out of its case because I was testing the new gear vr headset. Took it outside and it fell out of my pocket sitting down and crack in the upper left corner. Luckily it's not on the screen. But man this phone is fragile. Sucks but moral on the story never run this phone naked. Lesson learned. It also caused a very small hairline crack on the other side of the impact.

But... but... I told you to be careful! Just kidding, that sucks. Samsung quoted me $269 to replace the screen and front glass. Think I'm going to go for it.

But... but... I told you to be careful! Just kidding, that sucks. Samsung quoted me $269 to replace the screen and front glass. Think I'm going to go for it.
As much as it sucks it is 100 off the screen. It if continues to spread or really bothers me over time to drop 269$ to get it replaced then I will consider it. Till then you live and learn

Back