Could Not Refresh List of Updates

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Update Manager has been saying this for the last 3 days. This has happened before and fixed itself on it's on. Just curious as to what's going on. Anybody know?

It's been ages since I've used Mint, but from memory you can change the server locale in update settings? Try choosing the global server if there's one available. It sounds like the server is down.

What error do you get if you open terminal and enter sudo apt upgrade?

Really? That's surprising. Does the GUI updater still claim that it could not refresh the list of updates?

Yup, the shield in the taskbar has a red X and.....

Screenshot from 2019-12-09 21-15-54.png

OK, now that I look at it I see the problem. Shame on me for not reading all of the freaking message. :confused:

Yup, the shield in the taskbar has a red X and.....

View attachment 205916

OK, now that I look at it I see the problem. Shame on me for not reading all of the freaking message. :confused:

There's your problem, looks like that PPA is refusing access, quite possibly the secure key has expired. The same error should have come up in terminal when you did an upgrade.

There's your problem, looks like that PPA is refusing access, quite possibly the secure key has expired. The same error should have come up in terminal when you did an upgrade.

If it did it kept scrolling and I didn't see it. Shit, I'm getting old. :confused:

Back