Costco Sells $116,000 F1 Driving Simulator

Hell, if you want to get technical, you could build an ass-kicking system like the one we used at the AMD [H]ard|OCP FX GamExperience and save yourself $90k.

1327194277CMrNAkl3Y0_1_1.jpg

Or, you could build a high-end Eyefinity / NV Surround system, buy three 50" displays and a $40,000 muscle car of your choice and still be $75k ahead.

46081_10150250236435214_274922_n.jpg

Yea it's pretty silly that most of the price is towards a shell of a non-functional "car". I bet you can find someone to make something similar for you (the "car" portion) for under $10k

Yea it's pretty silly that most of the price is towards a shell of a non-functional "car". I bet you can find someone to make something similar for you (the "car" portion) for under $10k

buy a use VW golf :p

.....Wouldn't it be better to just buy a race car and take it out too Bonneville Salt Flats and have a blast.

If I had that kind of coin to play with I'd buy that. I LOVE F1.

If I had that kind of coin to play with I'd buy that. I LOVE F1.

F1 is the top of motorsports and I've been following it since the 80s. That said, I can't imagine why would you spend money on this instead of the real thing or some actual F1 simulator like the ones the teams use.

I should put the monitors at the end of my racecar bed.... then everyone will think Im cool..

I'd be pissed right off if that simulator didnt move.

If it just sits there and doesnt move side to side and small pitch movements then fuk that shit.

I can sit at my desk with eyefinity and a speaker strapped to my ass and get a better feeling of immersion, especially with tir5 added to tha mix.

Hell, you can BUY and F3 car for that money...

I'd be pissed right off if that simulator didnt move.

If it just sits there and doesnt move side to side and small pitch movements then fuk that shit.

I can sit at my desk with eyefinity and a speaker strapped to my ass and get a better feeling of immersion, especially with tir5 added to tha mix.

Watch the chair in this video. A buddy of mine and I built the screen and set it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5dxd0hmWGU

F1 is the top of motorsports and I've been following it since the 80s. That said, I can't imagine why would you spend money on this instead of the real thing or some actual F1 simulator like the ones the teams use.

I agree this thing is extremely overpriced, but I think you'll find buying a real F1 car or real F1 simulator makes this look cheap in comparison. F1 teams don't sell their simulators to anyone, and certainly not for a mere $100k.

I didn't want to disturb you...you were balls deep in that turtle with a thumb in your mouth

I agree this thing is extremely overpriced, but I think you'll find buying a real F1 car or real F1 simulator makes this look cheap in comparison. F1 teams don't sell their simulators to anyone, and certainly not for a mere $100k.
I believe the one Alonso uses costs about $1.6 million. That's his personal simulator at his house FYI. I also believe the one Williams uses is about the same price as well.

[21CW]killerofall;1039879755 said:
I believe the one Alonso uses costs about $1.6 million. That's his personal simulator at his house FYI. I also believe the one Williams uses is about the same price as well.

I'm sure a large portion of that money went in to the hands of engineers designing and building both the rig and the software for it. I doubt it's anywhere near that for the actual build cost of all the actual "simulator" parts.

or you could spend $300 on this and have enough left over for a really nice car that really works.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm sure a large portion of that money went in to the hands of engineers designing and building both the rig and the software for it. I doubt it's anywhere near that for the actual build cost of all the actual "simulator" parts.
Oh I don't doubt it. However they do use real F1 parts in the simulators and those parts don't run cheap. I have been told that a F1 steering wheel alone is somewhere around $25k. Oh to be rich and have talent like that....

Correct. My point was that if you have enough money to purchase this product at this asking price, you most likely can afford to at least drive some older/smaller formula or purchase an actual simulator for considerably more money :)

Do you have to be a Costco member to buy their F-1 simulator? I can imagine Michael Schumacher getting turned down if he's not a card carrying member. :p

No one is asking the most important question; Is this covered under Costco's lifetime return policy?

Back