Cost Efficient AMD Gaming Build - Ryzen 3100 + GTX 1650 Super

SiliconSwitch

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone,

I am looking to assemble a cost efficient gaming build, should be around $600, the goal is to get best performance/price available.

CPUAMD Ryzen 3 3100$95
MotherboardMSI B550-A Pro$115
RAM16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16$90
GPUGTX 1650 Super$130
Storage1TB WD Blue NVME SSD$100
PSUSeasonic Focus GX-650$100
CaseLIAN LI PC-61$0 (Legacy Item)

TOTAL: $630

I would rather get the 3300x however the CPU seems nowhere to be found...

Upgrade path would be Zen 3 CPU and a GTX 3070 down the road.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
If you can find that 1650 super for $130, definitely grab it, as AMD 5500 doesn't have anything close. It's the best new sub-$200 current gen video card you can find.

The rest of your system is pretty solid.

Good find, did not notice the speed difference between the P1 and the WD Blue!

What do you think about waiting for Zen 3? Will there be an entry level equivalent to the 3100/3300x available in the near future? Or will they start at the top and work their way down.

I probably wouldn't bother swapping the old 4 core for another 4-core. You will get much better upgrade value by jumping up to 6 cores.

I would expect Zen 3 to go on-sale right around when they release Zen 4 next year, so that would be the perfect time.

I would expect the same relese schedule they did for en 2 (start big, then fill in gaps) If you wnt to buy earlier

Last edited:
I do pretty well with that card. I am only a very casual gamer though.

I have not been able to find a 1650 Super under $150. If you do, share the link :p

Also, personally, I am thinking about waiting till after November 5th before purchasing any hardware. I am interested also what 10/28 will bring.

I have not been able to find a 1650 Super under $150. If you do, share the link :p

Also, personally, I am thinking about waiting till after November 5th before purchasing any hardware. I am interested also what 10/28 will bring.
Amazon wearhouse deals has some as low as $125, if you can stomach rolling the dice on that. I've had good luck with motherboards and various other things, don't think I've bought a gpu from them before though.

Usually the stuff is in good condition, with a smashed or missing box, and maybe missing some accessories.

Amazon wearhouse deals has some as low as $125, if you can stomach rolling the dice on that. I've had good luck with motherboards and various other things, don't think I've bought a gpu from them before though.

Usually the stuff is in good condition, with a smashed or missing box, and maybe missing some accessories.
Thank you for the heads up. I took a little bit of a look. No dice on $125 1650 Supers but I will keep my eyes peeled.

Thank you for the heads up. I took a little bit of a look. No dice on $125 1650 Supers but I will keep my eyes peeled.
There were a few when I posted, but I'm not surprised they went fast at that price. Kinda eyeballing those rx 5500's, but I'd prefer at least a 5600 if I was upgrading my 480.

Back