Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey $29.99 Blu-Ray (amazon)

is this the version shown on national geographic where its 2 hours per episode or the fox version where it is just 1?

is this the version shown on national geographic where its 2 hours per episode or the fox version where it is just 1?

Didn't know there were 2 versions! Is the one on NG an extended one then?

My buddy was telling me the one on Nat Geo runs for 2 hours each episode, I haven't seen an episode on that channel yet though, he could just be derping.

Normal price.. Not really hot..

My buddy was telling me the one on Nat Geo runs for 2 hours each episode, I haven't seen an episode on that channel yet though, he could just be derping.

They just show 2 episodes back to back..

The NatGeo episodes were advertised as airing with "extra content", I would hope the bluray has it.

Nobody tell him.

Did he kill Sagan?

1402486598711.png

The new Cosmos show is nothing like the original, it's dumbed down way too much for the average FOX viewer. Every time they have the animated segment it feels like a history lesson. If you have HULU I highly recommend BBC's Wonders of the Universe hosted by Professor Brian Cox.

Hulk,

You are not the target audience for this show. It's good, but it's designed to be for a younger crowd, and others that may have an interest in science, but don't fully understand it.

The new Cosmos show is nothing like the original, it's dumbed down way too much for the average FOX viewer. Every time they have the animated segment it feels like a history lesson. If you have HULU I highly recommend BBC's Wonders of the Universe hosted by Professor Brian Cox.

The point of Cosmos is to do everything it can to bring up that minimum intelligence level as opposed to further educating the already scientifically minded for our generation (although I feel like it's a pretty excellent show in its own right).
Now, as to how that speaks about our current "minimum" bar compared to the original Cosmos....I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Tyson turned out to be a pretty good narrator for this, I wasn't expecting much at first but I think he got the job done.

Their were never two hours per episode on NG, just a few extra minutes of interviews with the production staff and some extra footage to go along with the interviews. Both FOX and NG episodes were in a one-hour time slot.

It dumbs it down so a creationist can cry at night.

This is my favorite science show, closely followed by the others in the Wonders series (Solar System and Life). Cox's enthusiasm is infectious and uplifting, and I may have a man crush on him.

Back