Cosair's Mice and Keyboards delayed

gman

[H]ard|Gawd
Apparently they are delayed according to Newegg (Nov. 28th). A Corsair rep had told me this week, but maybe not. Crap.

I'm looking forward to the m90. I'm need of a mouse but I dont want to wait another month >.<

looking at the K60/M60 combo to replace my current input device(s)
doe anyone know how Newegg's pre-order policy works? I would assume they won't
charge until shipped, but I couldn't find anything in writing on the website...

yeah this sucks, i was hoping to order one today... there's no official announcements or anything. was newegg just guessing on the release date of 11/01/2011? and are they guessing on 11/28/2011 now? amazon has no info at all. maybe Corsair is trying to stock the stores first?

Last edited:
Hope these come out soon. Was planning on picking up the m90 and k90

sad, i was hoping to pick one up this week before i got home so i could plug it straight into battlefield :)

Maybe they are taking everyones feedback into account.

Most everyone's feedback has been very positive. The few extreme keyboard enthusiasts out there are very vocal, so if you read the other thread it seems like everyone's upset about one thing or the other, but it's really just a handful of people who have very specific requests that we did not meet.

That doesn't invalidate their opinions, though - we're taking that into account for future products.

These products were delayed to put a little bit of polish on them from a functional perspective - just a couple of small tweaks and quality control things we wanted to incorporate before launch.

Chances are you guys will never know the difference, but we would know, which bugs us a bit.

They're worth it though - I'm using the K60 and M60 (pre-tooling prototypes) at home for BF3 and they're great.

Most everyone's feedback has been very positive. The few extreme keyboard enthusiasts out there are very vocal, so if you read the other thread it seems like everyone's upset about one thing or the other, but it's really just a handful of people who have very specific requests that we did not meet.

That doesn't invalidate their opinions, though - we're taking that into account for future products.

These products were delayed to put a little bit of polish on them from a functional perspective - just a couple of small tweaks and quality control things we wanted to incorporate before launch.

Chances are you guys will never know the difference, but we would know, which bugs us a bit.

They're worth it though - I'm using the K60 and M60 (pre-tooling prototypes) at home for BF3 and they're great.

Definately looking forward to getting this for my new rig. I will wait a month.

Unless you really committed to Corsair branding or are after the "look" of this board (not knocking it, as it does look nice), there are lots of really great choices available now IMHO. Give Filco, Leopold or WASD semi-custom a gander if you are after a truly great mechanical keyboard.

Unless you really committed to Corsair branding or are after the "look" of this board (not knocking it, as it does look nice), there are lots of really great choices available now IMHO. Give Filco, Leopold or WASD semi-custom a gander if you are after a truly great mechanical keyboard.

I've had the das , eliteboards, and wasd websites open in my browser for weeks. I was going to wait until the Corsair boards came out before making a decision. I really like the metal casing on the Corsair, and the fact that I don't have to pick my switches :cool:

I have no way of testing out the different kinds of switches, so choosing the wrong ones scare me. I've read everything there is to read about them, and it's a rare occurrence where all of the switches are recommended at some point.

Well Newegg shows 'out of stock' on the Cosair mice and keyboards. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm somewhat disappointed in Cosair on this roll out. Amazon shows Dec. 5th. Who the hell know anymore.:mad:

My guess is that Logitech had some "manufacturing" issues so they don't have to share the holiday sales with their partner...

Logitech and Corsair are totally unrelated companies. There is nothing accurate about your guess.

I'm kinda bummed, I was definitely thinking about picking up one of their keyboards, I think I'd like them better than my current BlackWidow (Though I do love that).

As for the Logitech comment, I didn't think Logitech had anything to do with this? Was I mistaken? And if I was wrong and they are involved why the hell does Logitech not have a Cherry MX based G series keyboard yet?

I never liked the WASD position -- too limited. Make a YGHJ keyboard and you'll have at least one sale. :)

Some Corsair rep emailed say there would be new fully mechanical keyboards Q2 2012. I'm pretty sure Corsair has listened to all this bad publicity they've gotten, plus, what other models could they really make with this handicap?

so did Newegg go out of stock before all the preorders were even filled? all the new corsair products seem to be out of stock everywhere the same day (28th) i put in a pre-order at amazon but i'm starting to doubt that order will get filled anytime this year...

Any idea when we can expect these mice and some reviews? My mouse is on its last leg....

Any idea when we can expect these mice and some reviews? My mouse is on its last leg....

On NewEgg the M60 was available earlier today, my pre-order is Processing. But I just checked and now it out of stock already.
The M90 and keyboards have an updated release of Dec 9.

Amazon now shows 'Temporarily Out of Stock' and my order doesn't show 'Shipping Soon'. Cosair has screwed the pooch on this one.

If you're looking for a mechanical keyboard, and if you're spending "that" much, why wouldn't you want to get a full mechanical keyboard instead of a hybrid mechanical + rubber dome? But.. I do understand for some it's just a discounted mx red based board. Which is cheaper than other reds unavailable to the mass public in NA.

Any idea when we can expect these mice and some
reviews? My mouse is on its last leg....

If you've used or experienced the sensor this mouse is based on, and have felt mouse of similar weight, then you'd already know what you're going to get. Overall it's not a mouse that tracks 1:1, and it's a heavy mouse. So it's not meant for low dpi, easy to lift off type of gaming.

Well my m60 just shipped from Newegg so they at least have that model in. :D

I really do not know why they did not make those keyboards fully mechanical...

Amazon is showing me a delivery estimate of Dec 8th-12th on my m90 and m60, but not actually shipped yet...

Which das do you have?

i got the das silent with the cherry brown switches. The only thing that i miss from my ergonomic keyboard were the volume buttons. Besides that I am in love with this keyboard. That will probably will be the main selling point for the corsair are the multimedia keys and thats its a cherry red switch.

Only reason i started looking at keyboards were it was kind of hard to bind hotkeys 6-7 on the ergonomic while playing starcraft 2. I know its not a big issue, but i was irking and blaming my losses hotkey misclicks. I was only able to use 1-6 which i was pretty adept with, but i wanted to be able to use 7-9 a little more easier with one hand than 2.

If you're looking for a mechanical keyboard, and if you're spending "that" much, why wouldn't you want to get a full mechanical keyboard instead of a hybrid mechanical + rubber dome? But.. I do understand for some it's just a discounted mx red based board. Which is cheaper than other reds unavailable to the mass public in NA.
...Well yeah, you kind of answered your own question there. It's really not "that" much, it's the going rate. The other more expensive keyboards don't have the macro keys at all.

If you've used or experienced the sensor this mouse is based on, and have felt mouse of similar weight, then you'd already know what you're going to get. Overall it's not a mouse that tracks 1:1, and it's a heavy mouse. So it's not meant for low dpi, easy to lift off type of gaming.
I don't think you can make that conclusion, software can really affect the laser performance. I'll concede if you think the mouse weight is heavy that that is a constant though. Really though I'm looking for a mouse that gives me comfortable access to an array of macro keys.

I really do not know why they did not make those keyboards fully mechanical...
There's an explanation at http://www.corsair.com/blog/vengeance-gaming-keyboard-keyswitch-technology/ which could make it sound intentional, but I don't buy it. They say it's to prevent accidental key strokes, but I don't understand why you wouldn't want to also have a button mashable macro key. Honestly I don't think they do either, it sounds like an article just to save face to me. Especially since the lower plane of the macro keys should already prevent accidental key strokes. I guess the cost of cherry reds really is high enough to make the reduction worth it? I don't really know the cost.

If these were made by another company, no one would care.
Show me the cherry red keyboard with 18 macro keys and 20 key rollover from another company and I'll buy right now. Heck, I'll also buy if they're cherry blacks, or 10 key rollover, just for you. Same goes for the mouse. It has that many keys and a decent DPI and I'm on it. I've already tried the razer naga and the g700 though, and am continuing to struggle to find one that feels right, but if you have another lined up I am all ears.

Last edited:
i got the das silent with the cherry brown switches. The only thing that i miss from my ergonomic keyboard were the volume buttons. Besides that I am in love with this keyboard. That will probably will be the main selling point for the corsair are the multimedia keys and thats its a cherry red switch.

Only reason i started looking at keyboards were it was kind of hard to bind hotkeys 6-7 on the ergonomic while playing starcraft 2. I know its not a big issue, but i was irking and blaming my losses hotkey misclicks. I was only able to use 1-6 which i was pretty adept with, but i wanted to be able to use 7-9 a little more easier with one hand than 2.

I have the same das silent w/ browns. I mapped my media keys to my mouse.

Well, to save money of course, all the while charging full price.

Because no one would fall for a fringe company charging a premium for 3/4 of a mechanical keyboard, while many would since it's corsair?

your main keys are still mechanical so its really a non-issue. Would rather pay an extra premium than the initial entry level price? Its not like your gonna be on the macros and f-keys 99% of the time. I understand what you are saying about cost cutting and using their name to hype these keyboards, but if you really want a true mechanical keyboard go shell out 130-200 on das, filco, ducky and etc.... No one is forcing to buy anything.

No offense to you two, but the reasonings sound retarded.

Most people use f keys on a minute by minute basis.
Many MMO gamers use macro keys on a minute by minute basis
Corsiar's keyboard prices for the two aren't entry level prices. There are cheaper alternatvies for reds, and/or coming soon (depending on which you're comparing).
One of the biggest issue is consistency, I'm guessing that most would not like to get used to feeling one type of tactile response and then have to adjust to rubber dome response again on a daily basis. Especially when one of the main features of mechanial (even reds) is the ability to not bottom out to type.
The different height of keys is a major killer for me (considering I don't bottom out on mechanical). Decide this one for yourself.

On their mouses:
The problems with the sensor is inherent in the sensor. No software has been able to, or can fix it's issues.
But yes you're right that it's a good alternative to the naga/SSmmo mouse/newRat MMO mouse b/c at least it's better in quality, feel; Plus anything is better than PTE.

No offense to you two, but the reasonings sound retarded.

Most people use f keys on a minute by minute basis.
Many MMO gamers use macro keys on a minute by minute basis
Corsiar's keyboard prices for the two aren't entry level prices. There are cheaper alternatvies for reds, and/or coming soon (depending on which you're comparing).
One of the biggest issue is consistency, I'm guessing that most would not like to get used to feeling one type of tactile response and then have to adjust to rubber dome response again on a daily basis. Especially when one of the main features of mechanial (even reds) is the ability to not bottom out to type.
The different height of keys is a major killer for me (considering I don't bottom out on mechanical). Decide this one for yourself.

On their mouses:
The problems with the sensor is inherent in the sensor. No software has been able to, or can fix it's issues.
But yes you're right that it's a good alternative to the naga/SSmmo mouse/newRat MMO mouse b/c at least it's better in quality, feel; Plus anything is better than PTE.

1. reds aren't tactile. Rubber domes have more tactile response than reds do. And reds are nearly impossible not to bottom out, you simply cannot tell when the letters come up by touch, there is no response. The purpose of them is to bottom out repeatedly in gaming, and they excel at that. Theyre even better with dampeners.

2. where can i find proof of this problem you claim with the sensor? I use a g9x at 400dpi (which has the same avago 9500 laser sensor), 6/11, precision off and i don't get any acceleration on my steelseries SX. Mind you, i dont have an arm like a quake 3 player so i'm not pitching my mouse across my desk at high enough speeds to start negative acceleration....

3. How do you know how heavy the corsair mice are?

- As I said decide for yourself, because I don't bottom out when I was on reds for brief amount of time before I sold it. It's up to you how you use it and how you like reds.
- Do some acceleration testing or research on the web and just see how well avg 9500 tracks. My sensei does the same thing. There are graphs and results online which demonstrate the problems. But like I said it's still better than pte.
- People who's gotten tests/hands on have said they are heavy. Everyone, including Corsair have described the mouse to be heavy aka - unibody aluminum frame is heavier than plastic. Mouses have been measured to be around 160grams.

- As I said decide for yourself, because I don't bottom out when I was on reds for brief amount of time before I sold it. It's up to you how you use it and how you like reds.
- Do some acceleration testing or research on the web and just see how well avg 9500 tracks. My sensei does the same thing. There are graphs and results online which demonstrate the problems. But like I said it's still better than pte.
- People who's gotten tests/hands on have said they are heavy. Everyone, including Corsair have described the mouse to be heavy aka - unibody aluminum frame is heavier than plastic. Mouses have been measured to be around 160grams.

1. word.

2. know any good programs to test er out?

3. Good to know. I really want the m60, but i also want something lighter than my g9x. I will never be happy hahahaha.

Back