Corsar AX650 sufficient?

Mysticode

Gawd
I love the fully modular and Gold spec of the AX line, but only the 650 is in my budget (750 MAYBE).

I am concerned though with the 650, it won't be enough power, but I honestly haven't bought a new PSU in close to 7 years so I am not sure how things stack up anymore.

My plan is to build a Z77 Sabertooth/IB 3570K build with an Nvidia 670 (probably going to wait for the 660), and a couple hard drives (one SSD, one HDD for storage).

Also planning on at least 8GB of 1600mhz memory.

With all of that said, will 650w give me some headroom for more powerful upgrades down the line?

I have a Corsair HX620 powering a 3570K, gtx670 SC, an ssd, 2 hdd's, and 4x4GB ram. It previously powered an overclocked Q9550 and gtx580. No problems so far and don't see a need to upgrade.

You should have 0 power problems with your posted setup.

and should have plenty of power for the forseable future.

I'm looking a similar setup but for 520 W seasonic. How much power would all that use? I avoided the antec 400 W deal because i felt that was too little especially with overclocking.

If you read the 670/680 reviews (using IB CPUs) you will see the entire system draw doesn't go much over 330-340W even with overclocking on both CPU and video card (not extreme, 4.2-4.4GHz CPU, max boost GPUs). Quality 520 is easily enough.

Don't forget that the Seasonic X series is a twin to the Corsair AX series. ;)

Yeah 650 will be enough.When i do a new build I usually go a good bit over what i want for the build so i will always have enough power down the road.

Back