Corsaird Vengeance 1600 runs at 1333?

Samury

Limp Gawd
My new computer is working mostly great so far, but the RAM defaults to 1333 and when I adjust it in the bios it won't run at 1600. I'm new to ASUS boards, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I just set it to run at 1600 in the bios - should I make further adjustments to the settings, or will it do that on its own? Specs are in my signature.

Thanks for any tips or tricks.

with my vengeance ram if i manually set it at 1600mhz i have to bump up the voltage to 1.55. if i use the xmp profile i dont have to change anything (other then switching it to xmp).

with my vengeance ram if i manually set it at 1600mhz i have to bump up the voltage to 1.55. if i use the xmp profile i dont have to change anything (other then switching it to xmp).

Thanks, XMP did the trick, though I had to change it to 100MHz instead of auto for it to boot stably.

not terribly impressed with my vengeance, just barely does stock speed, sometimes not even

I had issues with mine at first not running stable with 16gb of 1600. All sorts of issues came up. The most recent bios update fixed it for me but my ps2 port wouldn't work so I had to get a new keyboard (it was long overdue anyway :))

XMP should do the trick - also manually setting the memory timings helped when bios wasnt cooperating - depending on how you have the auto OC features set it could cause the timings to change on your memory if left on auto thus causing stability issues.

Yeah, I've had to move it back to 1333 after a failure to resume from sleep. So there's stability issues there to be worked with. But I got 32GB for $150 so even if it has to run at 1333 I doubt I'll complain.

I've got my CPU at 3.6Ghz and my Vengeance runs at 1443 when put on XMP profile and I can't figure out how to get it to 1600, nothing in the ASUS BIOS seems to work (though it does shut the machine off cold and requires a while to sit before it will turn back on).

I know i7 OC'ing was a little more involved than C2D was, but I'm not seeing how to fix it.

I know the BCLK that has my cpu at 3.6Ghz is part of the problem, and I'm guessing there's a multiplier or other setting I need to mess with to get each to be where I want them.

System is rock solid at 3.6Ghz CPU and 1443 Memory though, Prime runs for hours without a problem.

I've got my CPU at 3.6Ghz and my Vengeance runs at 1443 when put on XMP profile and I can't figure out how to get it to 1600, nothing in the ASUS BIOS seems to work (though it does shut the machine off cold and requires a while to sit before it will turn back on).

I know i7 OC'ing was a little more involved than C2D was, but I'm not seeing how to fix it.

I know the BCLK that has my cpu at 3.6Ghz is part of the problem, and I'm guessing there's a multiplier or other setting I need to mess with to get each to be where I want them.

System is rock solid at 3.6Ghz CPU and 1443 Memory though, Prime runs for hours without a problem.

This is due to the memory multiplier you have chosen. List your memory multi, CPU multi, and BClock.

This is due to the memory multiplier you have chosen. List your memory multi, CPU multi, and BClock.

I figured it was something like that. Not at the machine atm, but I know the BCLK is 180, the CPU Mult was at AUTO and not sure on the memory mult off the top of my head, but guessing it's on AUTO since I dont recall ever changing it. CPU comes up at 3.6Ghz and memory at 1443Mhz.

I'll post back once I get a chance to fire up the box and look, likely tomorrow.

And thank you kindly for responding, it's appreciated.

1443 / 180 = 8. This means you are using the 8x memory multi. Your next choice is 10x but I don't think you will have any luck running this memory at 1800.

Depending on what options your CPU offers, you may be able to get about the same OC using a much lower or higher BClock and a different CPU multi. This will allow you to pick a memory multi that will get you closer to your desired 1600.

But, don't compromise CPU speed just to get memory speed. Chose the OC that gives you the fastest overall CPU speed. CPU cycles do the work.

1443 / 180 = 8. This means you are using the 8x memory multi. Your next choice is 10x but I don't think you will have any luck running this memory at 1800.

Depending on what options your CPU offers, you may be able to get about the same OC using a much lower or higher BClock and a different CPU multi. This will allow you to pick a memory multi that will get you closer to your desired 1600.

But, don't compromise CPU speed just to get memory speed. Chose the OC that gives you the fastest overall CPU speed. CPU cycles do the work.

Aye, like I said, I've been happy with a 3.6Ghz speed on the cpu and the machine runs stable without issues once booted (sometimes hangs on boot but I'm blaming this ASUS MB more than anything, its given me nothing but grief).

I'll likely just leave well enough alone, and I'm very happy with all the Corsair hardware in it. If I wasn't still among the nations unemployed I'd of upgraded or built a new machine by now with some more Corsair parts.

Thanks again for confirming what I suspected at least. It's appreciated.

not terribly impressed with my vengeance, just barely does stock speed, sometimes not even

I second that. Not exactly on post, but I had to RMA 2 of my 4 sticks. I was experiencing random BSOD and Memtest found 2 bad sticks. First time that has happened to me. Shite happens, I guess.

Back