Corsair: What Is Bulldog?

Calling it right now, its something that you can use in your computer, or interface with it.:p

Marketing fail. Who in their right mind thinks that bulldogs are an appealing marketing mascot with as many times that they've proven then can't be trusted to be around people without becoming violent? Corsair should have picked a goldfish (fantail of course since comets are awful) or maybe a finch instead.

Computer case with a spiked collar. It has anti-theft properties. Pick it up and you get stabbed. It's tough. Drop it from 5-story's up and the it'll smash through concrete. No visible damage will show on the outside of the case.

Off Topic: So, they get two dress down days a week at Corsair? The guy answering the door had on the same Jack Burton Pork Chop Express shirt on Monday and Friday. Cool shirt though. :cool:

As far as Bulldog, (racking my brain for ideas) let's see Corsair hasn't done a router yet, that probably wouldn't fit the name though. Bulldog is an aggressive name so the product should be also, LN2 chip coolers? Super secure NAS? :confused: Guess time will tell.

It's gotta be a case of some kind. Can't imagine it would be a power supply or cooler. You seen one, you've seen them all.

Wonder if it could be some kind of gaming peripheral like some game pad or something.

You can see from "bulldog's" perspective, maybe a camera/phone?
Anyway, I don't know why but I'm not a fan of Corsair as everyone seems to be....

To continue on my idea of a camera, with that name, could it be a webcam for security service (facial recognition, etc) for Intel's TrueKey and other password app?

You can see from "bulldog's" perspective, maybe a camera/phone?
Anyway, I don't know why but I'm not a fan of Corsair as everyone seems to be....

I've been very happy with my 850 watt corsair ps, and whatever memory I've bought over the years. I'll probably buy corsair again for my next power supply.

I think it's a new computer case. Probably something a bit different than what others are doing. Maybe low and squat?

Marketing fail. Who in their right mind thinks that bulldogs are an appealing marketing mascot with as many times that they've proven then can't be trusted to be around people without becoming violent? Corsair should have picked a goldfish (fantail of course since comets are awful) or maybe a finch instead.

didnt watch the video, I will when there is something to see but I gotta say:
bulldogs are great dogs! you are thinking of pit bulls, who are also great dogs as long as you teach em right.

They're gonna come poop in your yard and sneak away without using the pooper scooper

I've been very happy with my 850 watt corsair ps, and whatever memory I've bought over the years. I'll probably buy corsair again for my next power supply.
I wasn't saying they make bad product. They do make good, quality products, I'm just less enthusiast about them then most.

I dunno, but a nod to the legendary Corsair Bulldog aerial fighter is great. Love the name!

bulldogs are great dogs! you are thinking of pit bulls, who are also great dogs as long as you teach em right.

Wow, you're right I was thinking of pit bulls! :eek: My apologies to the bulldog people out there and Corsair (though I still think they're being stupid for not using a goldfish or a finch...OMG or a guppy! Guppies are like completely the coolest pets ever aside from cats!)

I am looking at the corsair main page.

The only existing products with 'animal' type names are gaming peripherals, mouse, keyboard, headset.

Either a completely new product line, or one of those would be my guesses.

A very tough gaming keyboard with many features? Perhaps able to not only take a coffee spill but all those other fluids I know you guys get stuck on your keyboards, all over your mouse, and occasionally on your headset (or is that just me?)

bulldog

Mooning someone while pushing your genitalia backwards toward your butt crack. Similar to a fruit salad
"As the nuns drove by in the car, I gave them a bulldog."

They're marketing to hormonal teenage boys...who therefore think a bulldog is awesome.

Same with their "Vengeance" RAM

My guess from another thread about it was another mini-PC like the NUC or BRIX.

Ok, here's an out there idea. How about a nice high-end(metal and plastic) version of Google Cardboard, that Corsair has special software that will allow it to interface with PC games.

I am looking at the corsair main page.

The only existing products with 'animal' type names are gaming peripherals, mouse, keyboard, headset.

Either a completely new product line, or one of those would be my guesses.

A very tough gaming keyboard with many features? Perhaps able to not only take a coffee spill but all those other fluids I know you guys get stuck on your keyboards, all over your mouse, and occasionally on your headset (or is that just me?)

Going by the line of thinking perhaps it is an controller or something for one of the upcoming VR headsets. Isn't some peripherals for the Oculus Rift suppose to be revealed soon?

Controller?

We all know dogs tend to control your life when you own one, and often dog owners likes it up close and personal with their dogs.

(Hence why I have caninephobia).

It doesn't matter what it is.

You know why?

Because Corsair is always the #1 leader, just like every other company.

If its a case, im guessing small form factor. What I really want from corsair is a motherboard though. I mean, besides a gpu, its the only part left. It could also be their foray into laptops. ( MSI,ACER,ASUS,RAZER) or a settop box ( RAZER,NVIDIA)

If its a case, im guessing small form factor. What I really want from corsair is a motherboard though. I mean, besides a gpu, its the only part left. It could also be their foray into laptops. ( MSI,ACER,ASUS,RAZER) or a settop box ( RAZER,NVIDIA)

Considering the diminishing quality of Corsair's lower-end cases and the mess that their PSU line is, I really don't want Corsair to release a motherboard.

Corsair's very own gaming laptop lineup.

Just a wild guess.

Yeah.. true.

bulldog is a very varid range of dogs... examples: boston terrier, French bulldog, American pitbull terrier, American bulldog, English bulldog, Olde English Bulldogge. bull mastiff.

About pitbulls, dang good dogs. To quote Harvey danger: "Been around the world and found That only stupid people are breeding. The cretins cloning and feeding." Its not the breed, in fact if people would get out of their damn bubble world, they would find that breed has the most decorated dog in American military history, and during the 30s and 40s was the American family dog. My understanding is when the American pitbull was used in pit fighting, any pitbull that showed even an inch of aggression towards humans was immediately shot. why? because often the owners was in the pit too. Its not the breed but the ignorant humans that is ruining one of the greatest dog breeds. to quote one comedian "cant fix stupid".

I have had the chance to own both American pitbull terrier and American bulldog (which I have now) and lean towards the American bulldog for one small reason. The AB is typically little less energetic then the pitbull terrier due to not having terrier blood.

my 80lb AB, is as sweet as any dog in the world and tries to be the biggest lap dog. When I take him to the vet its funny watching half the people in there jump back saying "that's a big dog, looks mean" while the vets people run up to him and pet him, saying "hes sweeter than any dog here.".

I have had the chance to own both American pitbull terrier and American bulldog (which I have now) and lean towards the American bulldog for one small reason. The AB is typically little less energetic then the pitbull terrier due to not having terrier blood.

my 80lb AB, is as sweet as any dog in the world and tries to be the biggest lap dog. When I take him to the vet its funny watching half the people in there jump back saying "that's a big dog, looks mean" while the vets people run up to him and pet him, saying "hes sweeter than any dog here.".

I always liked bulldogs because they are frequently so chill and well humored.
my sister's pit was abandonded to die as a puppy in a fenced in yard of a vacant house in the middle february. she found him there and surmised he had been left because he was just so danged sweet and had a mildly gimpy leg. from day one he was the biggest sweetheart, most eager to please dog I've ever seen and is now excellently trained almost by himself really, just from wanting to please. yeah, he has boundless energy but loves to love even more than my spoiled cute little dachshund so its a worthwhile tradeoff ;) . I just hate seeing these dogs get a bad rep all the time.

on another note my neighbors pit tried to bite me for no reason once (I think she was just mad I was ignoring her and took a little nip) but she has been so poorly socialized I'm not surprised.

Back