Corsair Wants to Stop GPU Abuse

zg.xvkw.jpeg

Attachments

• zg.xvkw.jpeg
    zg.xvkw.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 0
Cute. But ironic at the end that one of the forms of payment is Bitcoin.
Paying in crypto for a product is not the same as building dedicated mining rigs to mine as a means of income.
I agree that it's slightly hypocritical but if everyone just stuck to mining with their already paid for hardware in off hours this would be a non-problem.

April fools stuff should only happen on 4/1, don't want to see it before or after that date!

Wished this April fools day, the churches would come out and say, surprised Jesus isn't the the son of God, and god/s aren't real either! :p
There's a reason why it won't happen....:)

I hope this is not an intended April Fool video released by Corsair because it's not funny.

Video card manufacturers such as MSI, ASUS and etc would careless who's purchasing their cards as long as their inventories are flying off from warehouse or assembly lines. They are making money and that's all it matters for them.

This is clearly a dig at people who are complaining about miners stealing their GPU's . Corsair are likely making out like bandits due to mining (i got 2 more PS from them recently)
Also what about the poor PSU"S who are forced into 24/7 80+% load??? don't' care about your own kids Corsair??

This is clearly a dig at people who are complaining about miners stealing their GPU's . Corsair are likely making out like bandits due to mining (i got 2 more PS from them recently)
Also what about the poor PSU"S who are forced into 24/7 80+% load??? don't' care about your own kids Corsair??

I kind of doubt that. If anything Corsair is probably pretty screwed. Mining may kill the market for PC gaming and DIY PC building. That's Corsair's whole market. If people stop building PCs, and they have mostly stopped for the last year, Corsair will likely go under.

Better than the ASPCA and and that bitch Sarah Mclachlan.... fuck that commercial is brutal on the feels.
Or the ones with the starving kids in [insert country name]. I'll be sitting there on my couch inhaling some chips, see that commercial and debate slowly putting the bag of chips away and re-gaining control of the feels.

The last year? GPUs only got more expensive a couple months ago, and are already settling back down to pre-january levels.
No they didn't, the RX cards were in demand this time last year, and the 1060/1070s were just starting to see demand. By the summer of last year the 1080s were only about 50$ more than the 1070s at the time. Basically if you didn't build before the end of April you saw nothing but rising prices in memory and GPUs

I kind of doubt that. If anything Corsair is probably pretty screwed. Mining may kill the market for PC gaming and DIY PC building. That's Corsair's whole market. If people stop building PCs, and they have mostly stopped for the last year, Corsair will likely go under.

and you have the proven stats people are not building rigs?

Don't you realize all of use evil miners have like 15-20 PSUs? I have MORE!!!. I generally run 1 750-850 Platinum PSU per 3 GPUs...

Back