Corsair Vengeance K70 Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are in the market for a new mechanical keyboard, make sure you check out this review of the Corsair Vengeance K70 at Vortez.

The K70 comes a little over eighteen months after the K60 and K90, the first mechanical keyboards Corsair released, but by virtue of the price point doesn’t quite replace either directly. It’s also a part of a refresh which includes the Vengeance K65 and K95, keyboards that occupy lower and higher price points respectively whilst retaining the mechanical switch feature.

The only way I could be happier with my K70 is if it had the LCD off the Logitech G19. My silver K70 looks fantastic, is very easy to clean (just blow it off), and feels great. I added O-rings underneath every key in order to stop the keys from bottoming out on the keyboard tray. The O-rings made my K70 much more quiet keyboard than my old MX Blue equipped Das Keyboard.

Loving mine too. I replaced my G19 with this thanks to a couple keys giving out on the logitech. I wish there was a mechanical with the LCD screen too but I'm really happy with the K70 so far. The black and red looks fantastic too.

If I didn't already have a K60, I would have paid more for a K70.

The improvements that needed to be made to the K60 were pretty obvious to everyone. I hope Corsair canned whoever it was that decided to put the rubber domes under the function keys.

Just ordered one of these (hated to go NewEgg, but Amazon wanted to charge me twice as much as shipping, and add sales tax on top of that). Seriously considered the K95, but it looks like all you get for the extra money is macros, which I in general don't use.

Been meaning to pick up some reds for a while. I can't wait for my roommate to ask what all the noise is.

duuuude the K95 is awesommme!

totally understand the mechanical phenom.

I love the click, and they're not insanely loud at all.

I might have to buy a cheap one for work I like it so much..

duuuude the K95 is awesommme!

totally understand the mechanical phenom.

I love the click, and they're not insanely loud at all.

I might have to buy a cheap one for work I like it so much..
Got the K95, ended up having to buy one for work too.

I have a K70 that I won at a LAN party last month. Might end up offering it up cheap to anyone.

I got the k95 when they had the keyboard sale at newegg. It's a pretty awesome keyboard, taking a little while to get used to after keyboard membrane. I'm used to having to bottom out the key before it registers, so this thing is almost hyper sensitive by comparison.

Only problem is that it wobbles, the top right is up just a little bit, or the bottom left, but it makes it so that it slides around a little bit. I'm trying to get an RMA from corsair right now, but it's frustrating having a problem with a brand new 150 dollar keyboard.

I got the k95 when they had the keyboard sale at newegg. It's a pretty awesome keyboard, taking a little while to get used to after keyboard membrane. I'm used to having to bottom out the key before it registers, so this thing is almost hyper sensitive by comparison.

Only problem is that it wobbles, the top right is up just a little bit, or the bottom left, but it makes it so that it slides around a little bit. I'm trying to get an RMA from corsair right now, but it's frustrating having a problem with a brand new 150 dollar keyboard.

You should RMA through the retailer if it is defective on arrival. Mine was wobbly when I got it from Amazon I RMA'd and had a brand new defect free keyboard in 2 days and sent the bad one back without having to pay any shipping. If you RMA it through Corsair it is probably going to be more of a pain.

You should RMA through the retailer if it is defective on arrival. Mine was wobbly when I got it from Amazon I RMA'd and had a brand new defect free keyboard in 2 days and sent the bad one back without having to pay any shipping. If you RMA it through Corsair it is probably going to be more of a pain.

Last time I tried RMAing something through newegg they took a week to get it, a week to look at it, then decided there was nothing wrong with it.

I'd rather atleast try dealing with corsair first.

The only way I could be happier with my K70 is if it had the LCD off the Logitech G19. My silver K70 looks fantastic, is very easy to clean (just blow it off), and feels great. I added O-rings underneath every key in order to stop the keys from bottoming out on the keyboard tray. The O-rings made my K70 much more quiet keyboard than my old MX Blue equipped Das Keyboard.

The blue backlighting doesn't blind you? Imo, it's totally nonfunctional with them on. They reflect off the shroudless silver backing and literally light up the room... the black version is much more subtle, imo.

Loving mine too. I replaced my G19 with this thanks to a couple keys giving out on the logitech. I wish there was a mechanical with the LCD screen too but I'm really happy with the K70 so far. The black and red looks fantastic too.

ughhhh I desperately desire an LCD mechanical backlit keyboard. If they sold that LCD screen separately I'd be all over it....

Do they? lol.

Any idea when the blue and brown versions are getting released?

Want to know this, as well. Really want a black K70 with MX Browns. If it's not out before Christmas, I'll probably end up with the Durandal Ultimate.

Any idea when the blue and brown versions are getting released?

Some time this month, I have been waiting for them to go on sale as well. If it isn't released soon I may purchase the black k70 and see if amazon will do an exchange when it is released.

I've got the K70 with the reds, love every minute of it. I have no Idea how i survived without mech switches.

The thing I did not like about the K95 was the tons of macro keys on the left changed my center of gravity too much. I think I would've liked the K70, but I settled on the Logitech G710+ instead and have been pleased with it.

Want to know this, as well. Really want a black K70 with MX Browns. If it's not out before Christmas, I'll probably end up with the Durandal Ultimate.

You won't be able to get the K70 with browns in black. The new switch options (Blue/Brown) only come in gunmetal grey. I saw this on a Corsair video, so straight from the horse's mouth. I, too, want a K70 with Blues.

You won't be able to get the K70 with browns in black. The new switch options (Blue/Brown) only come in gunmetal grey. I saw this on a Corsair video, so straight from the horse's mouth. I, too, want a K70 with Blues.

Damn it, Corsair! Why fuck up your product appeal like that? Who the hell has a gunmetal grey case to exactly match it? Oh that's right...no one.

I think the gunmetal grey looks pretty nice, but that's just me. I have black everything else as well. I'm still interested in getting the K70 with blues as I can't compromise on switch much. I want to give Browns a try, but I'm afraid I'll miss my clicky!!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, I hate gamer oriented cases. I like the Corsair obsidian and carbide line the best. Understated and simple but full of features.

Back