Corsair Vengeance™ 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corsair is well known for their great memory. I would be more than happy to have it be the starting point of my new system.

Heatsink does definitely look good. Too bad I didn't win :(

They look far worse in person. Sadly they are also just for looks. There is no way that such a thin piece of aluminum could possibly do a better job than normal heatspreaders like my XMS3 sticks have. My XMS3 sticks are actually a bit heavier and imo also look far better.

well thick aluminum or any metal for that matter, can store more heat but thinner allows heat to wick away faster, and most heatspeaders in reality are for looks anyways, not much heat going through them now compared to a few years back, but generally speaking you would best to have thin aluminum or copper on top of chips to promote wicking and thicker on top of heatsink to allow heat to condence, kind of acting like a wick if you will.

Not good to have it to thick or to thin for that matter, as it should wick from hot area to cold area asap.

I need to do a little more testing but it also appears to not be stable. I'm glad that I popped them into my P55 rig before trying to figure out what was wrong with my new machine.

mine will not run at 1600mhz unless i bump the volts to 1.55.

Yeah, it looks like I spoke to soon. I bumped up the vdimm and checked with a multi-meter and it only has 1.49v feeding the memory now and even that appears to be stable. It also appears to be running far cooler than the 1.65v sticks that I just pulled out of my machine.

This actually seems like really good ram. I'm glad that I went with corsair again.

Alot of people including me have random lockups in windows 7 Normaly i get it when i run 2 games then try browsing the web. but it can mem test perfect for hours. tried votage from 1,5-1.65 but i think 1.65v was more stable with less lockups im about to push this shit to 1.66-1.68

I have a set of the 2x2gb and love it. Really like the design and easy performance. I really want to be able to make a ramdisk too. So adding this memory would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back