Corsair Vengeance 3000 OC

Bravo25

Limp Gawd
I have the 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance 3000hz ram. I am currently testing it OCed to 3100hz with stock voltage. Besides Prime95 and running games what other test can I do to make sure it is stable? It has passed 10 test of prime95 so far on the max ram test.

No errors using that software. Maybe i'll try bumping the ram up to 3200,

don't be afraid to give it a little more juice either. that/most ram will take +10% voltage no prob.

I found the linux Google Stress App test to be much quicker for finding errors due to ram overclocking although it could miss chipset related errors that hci would find eventually

Last edited:
Since my post I have learnt about google stress test, which is apparently better (but needs linux) and the new karhu ramtest which is running on my coffee lake rig right now. These are apparently as good as hci, but Ithink older tests like memtest86 are obselete. On my haswell and i5 750 rigs, I remember using memtest8, would pass a 4 hour run, then I would get ram related bSOD within minutes of uptime and HCI would find errors very quickly also.

Running 5 copies of HCI showed no errors over an hour test. I have not tried 3200hz yet.

3200mhz is about the sweet spot right now...plenty. unless you got some phenomenal kit...anything past that starting to get timings too slacked/loose/high....

3200mhz is about the sweet spot right now...plenty. unless you got some phenomenal kit...anything past that starting to get timings too slacked/loose/high....
I would say so, I havent been able to get mine to do anything other than stock, and thats with my boards 1.35v which reports 1.38v, anything less and its gives me issues.

I would say so, I havent been able to get mine to do anything other than stock, and thats with my boards 1.35v which reports 1.38v, anything less and its gives me issues.

Oh I had 3600mhz oc going at like 1.38v like cl 17/18 but Trfc has to be all higher and stuff to get it stable. Nothing really noticeable much anyways.

if your lucky enough to have samsung b die chips on your ram it can do around 3866c16 310 tRFC with ~1.45v or 4000c17 my cpu\mb doesn't really like 4000 though
my ram is g.skill 3200c14
currently dropped it back to 3733c16 1.425v (1.408v actual) with lower cpu\chipset v for summer

Back