Corsair Vengeance 2000 vs logitech g930

Filter

[H]F Junkie
Has anyone used both and which one do you like the best.

i really like the corsair vengeance. but ive seen tons and tons of complaints about the plastic breaking. Thats why im very worried about getting a set.

how good are the g930 compared to the vengeance 2000?

I've been looking at these 2 headphones myself. The Logitech have a great reputation and have been recommended to me by a few clan mates. But the Corsair are 30-40 euro cheaper, and also get good reviews. HardOCP did a review of them and rated them quite well. Hadn't heard of the plastic breaking problem though, which puts me off. The Logitech 7.1 is supposed to be better (from bits I've read) but a lot of games dont use it. Games such as BF3 use their own 'surround' sound.
Also, do wireless headphones suffer sound wise from being wireless?? Are wired better?
I'd prefer wireless so I dont keep getting wire caught on anything they could poss get caught on as they do now.

i had the vengeance 2000's since they came out. just retired them for a higher end set of cans but they performed flawlessly and compared to my brothers g930's sounded much better in my opinion.

i had the vengeance 2000's since they came out. just retired them for a higher end set of cans but they performed flawlessly and compared to my brothers g930's sounded much better in my opinion.

how did they sound compared to a higher end set of cans? which cans and which soundcard.

i ended up picking up the g930's because i got them for 100 bucks.

im still curious to see how the corsairs sound. they do sound amazing. Alot better then i was expecting from a Logitech product

The G930 are great IMO, but I had trouble with the earcup "pleather" flaking off. They have a 3 year warranty and Logitech will replace them, but expect to be without them for a couple weeks during the process.

I'm considering buying the Corsair (http://bensbargains.net/bargain/cor...ss-7-1-gaming-headset-72-at-newegg-85483/#rss) and selling my factory refurbed g930 because of the ear cup issue.

I have read that people have issues with the corsair plastic breaking... sounds like higher end cans would be the way to go, but I really like the integrated mic and fully wireless sets.

Both are gaming headsets and are not going to be as well made or sound as good as a pair of stereo headphones. Look at sennheiser 429, 518 and 558s.

sometimes function > sound quality, in that case I recommend the headset by creative after trying both the G930 and the Corsair, because it had the best sound quality out of all 3:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Tactic-Wireless-Headset/dp/B0058D8D3K

I used to have my PC far away from my TV that was connected by a long HDMI cable through the walls. This headset let me play flight simulators and watch movies without having a terribly long cable draping across my house.

Its nice sometimes to sacrifice SQ to not be tethered down. I would even keep them on while going downstairs to get something to eat and they worked flawlessly through walls and floors at a decent range.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
sometimes function > sound quality, in that case I recommend the headset by creative after trying both the G930 and the Corsair, because it had the best sound quality out of all 3:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Tactic-Wireless-Headset/dp/B0058D8D3K

I used to have my PC far away from my TV that was connected by a long HDMI cable through the walls. This headset let me play flight simulators and watch movies without having a terribly long cable draping across my house.

Its nice sometimes to sacrifice SQ to not be tethered down. I would even keep them on while going downstairs to get something to eat and they worked flawlessly through walls and floors at a decent range.

I agree with that.Sometimes you need wireless.

The G930 is pretty much the best of the around $100 wireless headsets.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back